Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreamcast audio jack...

does anyone know how to do this?

Seriously, it's really easy, buy an op-amp, look at the schematic of it, wire the inputs to the L and R on the AV, then take 5v and ground from the AV port or the PSU, then attach the phono socket on the outputs of the op-amp IC. Simple.

search in the hardware forum for a 'VGA tutorial' that will show you where you solder for L and R, look at the dots pic, dots 3 and 2 are sound, look at the circuit schematic - it tells you which pin is what.

Furthering my questions on this:
    Where might I find a 1/8 jack to buy? Could they just be found at a place like Radioshack?

Also, I'm not really looking for audiophile quality, just hearing things through headphones is enough for me. So, do I absolutely have to build an amp circuit and whatever else, or can I just wire straight to the jack and get decent volume? Basically, I'm looking for the simplest way possible to do this.

If you wired straight to the source (AV port) you would barely be able to hear it, it would be near silent. You could then use an external amp, if you wanted.

Or, just buy something like this wire it in to the audio and give it power from the PSU, and using a potmeter or similar adjust power going to the IC to vary volume.

I'm in the UK so there is no radioshack, but from what i hear they would do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ptr.exe
    If you wired straight to the source (AV port) you would barely be able to hear it, it would be near silent. You could then use an external amp, if you wanted.

Or, just buy something like this wire it in to the audio and give it power from the PSU, and using a potmeter or similar adjust power going to the IC to vary volume.

I'm in the UK so there is no radioshack, but from what i hear they would do something like that.
    An external amp would be considered something like computer speakers with an independent volume control? That would be mainly what I would be using, so, could I get a decent volume doing that?

DCEmu Coder

yes, computer speakers contains an amplificator you just need a convertor to connect the red and white plugs from your standard A/V cable to those speakers, or wire a 3,5mm female jack in the dreamcast

hmm, next thing to try to put in is an optical output jack, wow that would be sweat, w/e, beyond my skill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information