Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Drugs Have You Used Recreationally?

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ICE View Post
    Its all about perception my increasingly rude friend. Abusing drugs, be it in the form of a plant or a chemical, is downright stupid. Thats just how I feel. If you want to cram that garbage into your body to see what happens go right ahead. I hope you enjoy it.
    I was just point out that your statements were inconsistent. You switched for a time to saying simply "plants or chemicals". Now the argument shifts to: "how do you define a drug?" and by 'you' I mean you personally.

There are many things, both chemicals and plants that are considered "drugs" (in the colloquial sense, mind altering narcotic) that are perfectly legal here in the US. By that same token, there are many other countries out there who do not adhere to the same list of "controlled substances" that we have here (and that... the UN has ratified?).

There was a time when cocaine was put into medicines as commonly as acetaminophen is now, while at the same time alcohol was banned as was opium. To say that what is acceptable in one country right now is a bit shortsighted isn't it?

Odds are that sometime in the next 20 years or so, after the current generation that is being pumped full of caffeine all the time reaches middle age and it shows it's cost, it will begin to be restricted too. Should we abstaine from red bull? (I personally think so, considering it has killed and is completely unrestricted)

Hey pibby read my other posts. Im not here to try and sound superior. Im here because this can be a touchy subject and I do love a good debate
    From your posts, it really doesn't seem like you are here for a debate. In each you either simply gainsay a point or imply that I am using drugs and killing myself (or whatnot).
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    Funny you should mention that as for the past couple of days I've been working with argon in one of the physics labs on campus =P.
    isn't it fun? 'Course argon will rip you to pieces. Argon, radon, neon...most of it will kill you. Heck even krypton will kill you. Depends on the amount you inhale. Works most ways with that.

know that crap in windex? It'll kill you inhaled too fast . So how now did you WORK in an environment of Argon?

Thats cool I guess.
    Hey, I also breathe on a regular basis too. Sometimes I breathe even when I dont need to..
    If you lived in Los Angeles like I do, breathing would be the last thing you would want to do!:rofl: seriously though here in LA, eating is worse than doing any type of drug.... have you read Fast Food Nation? it explains it all right there haha its soo true too!

Blog Entries

I was just point out that your statements were inconsistent. You switched for a time to saying simply "plants or chemicals". Now the argument shifts to: "how do you define a drug?" and by 'you' I mean you personally.

There are many things, both chemicals and plants that are considered "drugs" (in the colloquial sense, mind altering narcotic) that are perfectly legal here in the US. By that same token, there are many other countries out there who do not adhere to the same list of "controlled substances" that we have here (and that... the UN has ratified?).

There was a time when cocaine was put into medicines as commonly as acetaminophen is now, while at the same time alcohol was banned as was opium. To say that what is acceptable in one country right now is a bit shortsighted isn't it?

Odds are that sometime in the next 20 years or so, after the current generation that is being pumped full of caffeine all the time reaches middle age and it shows it's cost, it will begin to be restricted too. Should we abstaine from red bull? (I personally think so, considering it has killed and is completely unrestricted)
    Lol now you're just nit-picking. My wording was simply lazy. My definition of a drug is anything you can consume or put into your body that is going to alter the way it functions. Now I realize thats a very broad definition and I cant possibly think that that many things are wrong to put into your body and I dont.

If you over eat your dumb. If you take an aspirin when you dont need it you're dumb. If you take heroin with no "good" reason you're dumb.

Granted these are varying levels of dumb but each would be dumb nonetheless.

From your posts, it really doesn't seem like you are here for a debate. In each you either simply gainsay a point or imply that I am using drugs and killing myself (or whatnot).
    You're free to make your own assumptions. The fact of the matter is you're wrong. I simply enjoy arguing with people. I dont even have to really care about the subject matter like in this topic. I know my mindset in dealing with this and to be honest I dont care what you people want to do. Debating is just fun.

Dream Coder

Lol now you're just nit-picking. My wording was simply lazy. My definition of a drug is anything you can consume or put into your body that is going to alter the way it functions. Now I realize thats a very broad definition and I cant possibly think that that many things are wrong to put into your body and I dont.

If you over eat your dumb. If you take an aspirin when you dont need it you're dumb. If you take heroin with no "good" reason you're dumb.

Granted these are varying levels of dumb but each would be dumb nonetheless.
    Then, back to my prior point, caffeine dialates blood vessles in the brain, hightens alertness and all sorts of other things that alter the way your body functions (as with most controlled substances, illegally). Do you drink caffeinated soda?

You're free to make your own assumptions. The fact of the matter is you're wrong. I simply enjoy arguing with people. I dont even have to really care about the subject matter like in this topic. I know my mindset in dealing with this and to be honest I dont care what you people want to do. Debating is just fun.
    Argument and debate are two extremely different things. Until this last post, you were arguing, not debating.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Then, back to my prior point, caffeine dialates blood vessles in the brain, hightens alertness and all sorts of other things that alter the way your body functions (as with most controlled substances, illegally). Do you drink caffeinated soda?
    They also can contribute to my iron deficiency which is why I dont. Try again lol.

EDIT: Now that you know my stance is this going to turn into catch the hypocrite? If so just tell me now so I can leave.. I have better things to do! lol

Actually here ya go. Theres caffeine in chocolate right? Well I had the corner off a chocolate bar last week. There ya got me I am indeed a hypocrite.

Argument and debate are two extremely different things. Until this last post, you were arguing, not debating.
    Im pretty sure I know the difference between the two things. Arguing requires some sort of emotion that makes me hostile. Im enjoying this. Im pretty sure that means im not hostile.

So does that mean you're straight edge?

*sigh* you people and your drugs. Why not just turn your TV to Cartoon Network and watch Family guy? Seems like a much better waste of your time.

it is true a drug alters your body. But let me put it simple--

Breaking law, bad. Abiding law, good. You opinion, no matter. You no longer ignorant. Know law. Thrown in jail. Get $#@!d in jail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pibster View Post
    So does that mean you're straight edge?
    If thats what you want to call it.

Alrighty, Im getting the feeling that people are having a hard time seeing my over the net sarcasm. Basically if you feel that you're being insulted im really not.. Im just a sarcastic person. Maybe i should put sarcasm tags in my posts to differentiate....

Dream Coder

They also can contribute to my iron deficiency which is why I dont. Try again lol.

EDIT: Now that you know my stance is this going to turn into catch the hypocrite? If so just tell me now so I can leave.. I have better things to do! lol

Actually here ya go. Theres caffeine in chocolate right? Well I had the corner off a chocolate bar last week. There ya got me I am indeed a hypocrite.
    It's not a point of trying to make you a hypocrite, but only to attempt to have you state your position more clearly, or if it is inconsistent explain why or elaborate. So far all I have heard though, is "it's all bad for you period". Do you not think pleasure itself can be an ends to justify a means? Continuing with the example given, if not, why eat candy ever?

Maybe you mean to say that there is a level of how bad something is for you at which point any non-medical purposes are moot?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information