Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will people in the PSP scene STOP attacking developers / contributers?

Default Will people in the PSP scene STOP attacking developers / contributers?

Im fed up with this nonsense about people attacking developers / people who contribute to the PSP scene.

It seems that every person that develops something for everyone gets attacked over little things, hence why they leave or drop out, namely LUA scripters and the such (even though most LUA scripters make button testers, doesn't mean they deserve to be attacked) Lots of LUA programs have been people's first program and i'm sure they are proud of themselves over it hence releasing it to the public to show that they have potential in releasing a better product.

Few people who have been attacked / whinged at are:

Deniska was attacked first time he released rRootage, as people were claiming he stole the Eboot but had to prove himself by showing a tutorial..

Strmnnrmn: Yes the man himself was attacked in the R13 release by various clowns all over the place bragging that things didnt work and saying R13 sucks.

Some Guy: Was attacked by a bunch of DCEmu clowns (Not mentioning any names here) by releasing some daedalus Icons, now I know that <Sniiiiip> spent ages doing these icons. I also know <Sniiiiip> is a very nice person to speak to and always had tips and advice for me when developing something hence making him leave everything again. I still dont understand why he was banned in the first place, we do have a right to know on his behalf. Im sure perma ban is too harsh. People whinge too much you see

Various LUA scripters: Button testers or not, they provide an application for the PSP which may build them up in programming skills and soon be able to develop in C++.

M33 was even attacked by people saying oh "OE is better blah blah blah"

Why do developers get attacked? I dont know.. People need to learn to put a sock in it before they go spouting stuff and act their age.

Either people whinge about stuff or have developers come in with fresh ideas.

Wally

I agree, at the end of the day these coders spend months coding for free. They arent getting paid for there work, so if there is a app/game etc. you dont like its not like youre out of pocket. So there is no need to flame them about it. You move on to find something that is more your likeing.

The coders are leaving because of peoples ungratefulness (is that even a word? haha), thats not right.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

I think I may start a rule whereby anyone who moans about Zion's banning gets an infraction themselves. Use the search function, before starting threads like this. Zion was given numerous chances, he was a cause of constant drama. End of discussion.

Blog Entries

I think that all the users who use "said programmers" homebrew applications are free to express how they feel about certain programs, as if everyone said the same thing of "yeah, that's great it's the best" and whatnot to each and every developer there wouldn't be any decent programs (or improvements) as what they would be releasing could be absolute garbage and people wouldn't be saying what they really feel. If a coder wishes to leave the scene cause somebody told them straight that they preferred another coders work or their programs are crap altogether, then they shouldn't be programming as big companies get the same hassle and I don't see them dropping out because of people saying that they release crap or another program is better.

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    I think that all the users who use "said programmers" homebrew applications are free to express how they feel about certain programs, as if everyone said the same thing of "yeah, that's great it's the best" and whatnot to each and every developer there wouldn't be any decent programs (or improvements) as what they would be releasing could be absolute garbage and people wouldn't be saying what they really feel. If a coder wishes to leave the scene cause somebody told them straight that they preferred another coders work or their programs are crap altogether, then they shouldn't be programming as big companies get the same hassle and I don't see them dropping out because of people saying that they release crap or another program is better.
    That is also true, but its the way some users put across the point. If someone said something like "There are lots of problems, I would like too see this fixed in next Build" that would be helpful to the developer. Yet if someone says something like "Z0Mg, Ur G4M3 FuXIN SUX, LE4V3 7eh 5c3n3 U n00b" that's not the right way to go about it, you know what I mean?

Devs are doing this for the community, and most of them are getting no respect for it.

Also another problem is devs bitching about other devs.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

devs bitching about other devs lol...

I still dont know why PSP and DS devs dont get along...

Why cant they make emulators cross platform Wifi

Yeah I totally agree with you here wally, and with Tr1viums reply, at least they're releasing something for us, and maintaining this scene alive. Sincerely, I have more fun playing those work in progress games/apps than the ones already finished.

Quote Originally Posted by souLLy View Post
    I think I may start a rule whereby anyone who moans about Zion's banning gets an infraction themselves. Use the search function, before starting threads like this. Zion was given numerous chances, he was a cause of constant drama. End of discussion.
    First; That's not the Topic here. Second; Why would people talking about a human, just like you, like everyone here, will get an infraction? That's just lame. Maybe one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life, no offense. wally didn't ask you to un-ban him, I clearly read that he is saying that it was unfair, nothing else. Third; Don't start saying that my grammar sucks like you all do when I try to say something. At least I can speak 2 1/2 languages. Just saying. End of discussion.

I agree with all of what you said Wally.

Except Zion. He was a $#@! stirring little bitch who got numeorus chances and needed to be dealt with. Nobody attacked him for the icons, they were the only half decent thing he's done in ages, I attacked him for refusing to go away.

Go mods is all I can say here.

I'm just glad my crappy LUA game came out during the LUA revolution so no one could bi*** at me. But to scream at developers who truly revolutionize the scene...people get a freakin' life.

Even LUA developers need to have some encouragement, even if the game isn't even playable. Everyone started someone.

So far I've just repeated wally, despite being my opinion too. But let me say this...

I don't give a gold encrusted sh*t whether or not the emulator will ever be fully playable or not. I don't give a sh*t who said it can't be done. I like the idea, and its nice to see it come to fruition

No, I don't care if its ever playable. But the major players in the PSP scne said the n64 emulator would never--EVER---become playable.Read it and weep, b***hes.

Quote Originally Posted by wally
    Zion: Was attacked by a bunch of DCEmu clowns (Not mentioning any names here) by releasing some daedalus Icons, now I know that Zion spent ages doing these icons. I also know Zion is a very nice person to speak to and always had tips and advice for me when developing something hence making him leave everything again. I still dont understand why he was banned in the first place, we do have a right to know on his behalf. Im sure perma ban is too harsh.
    You're living under a rock, my friend. Or your last visit was in mid 2006? :rofl:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information