Thread: Protect-me v1.0

Blog Entries

psp Protect-me v1.0

News/release from Maxthe best

Hi,
    I'd like to present you my first C coded homebrew for PSP (used to dev in lua until I finally figured out how to install cygwin)
    It allows you to protect your PSP with a password.
    To install it, run the PBP inclued with your PSP (to set the password) and then put the prx (password.prx) in ms:0/seplugins and activate it via the recovery menu...
    And now it will ask you a password at each XMB boot.
    You can change the password with launching the EBOOT.PBP which you ran to install the pass...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Okay, it's a good start for a program.

A few bugs though:

1. When you go to enter/select a password, the letters scroll wayyy to fast to select one. Let's say I wanted to select d as my first letter in the password. It starts at p, I press up, it goes all the way to l. I press up, it goes to A, I press down, it goes to C, I press down it goes to G, I press up and finally it's D. So work on that entering speed.

2. When I start up the PSP after everything is installed, the program of the password entering thing is started, but then the XMB still loads up at the same time. So the XMB picture is there while at the top left corner the password thing is there, and it's impossible to enter the password because it keeps flashing since it's trying to load over the XMB.

enter the password on what explain it better

Thread Information