Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem in making a map with GMDL

DCEmu Newbie

what do you mean by top left IIRC? I have the same problem, an I need to download a couple of maps to my iphone!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    This happened before, I think it's because Google changed some digit here or there. Try matching the URL of an image from actual Google Maps with the URL in GMDL (top left IIRC).
    I was pretty bored so I thought I might take a look at the source code for GMDL. I don’t have Visual Studio installed so I was doing a pretty terrible backtrack in notepad.

From what I can see when Google is selected in the map download option an exception caused probably due to some index range error.

This error (again notepad trace) is from the method “private int[] GetNumbers(string page)” under the Google section of the GMdl.cs source. The application (again from what I can tell) is not functioning with Google's new “z=” idea. So in the GMdl.cs source the code is searching for “zoom=” instead of “z=” hooray for Google!

I think the initial start of the problem is at the line which reads “int start = page.IndexOf("zoom=");” and then stems from there. There may be other problems but at this point I gave up on notepad.

SO… This leaves the following conclusion, in that Google changed something, and fudged our wonderful program. However, I could just be completely wrong as I only browsed through the source very quickly.
    Last edited by Hizza; September 2nd, 2008 at 15:19.

DCEmu Newbie

Have you guys got this to work with google maps yet?

Im using version 0.5.07a and its giving me the error "Something not quite right with this page, change to map view (its fine if there is no detail)"

I'm going away and want to download the map (Japan) from there ASAP.
    Last edited by Jehuty77; September 3rd, 2008 at 06:48.

DCEmu Newbie

I might install Visual Studio later tonight and have a crack at a quick fix. I'm not sure how In7ane would feel about this tho :S

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
    Have you guys got this to work with google maps yet?

Im using version 0.5.07a and its giving me the error "Something not quite right with this page, change to map view (its fine if there is no detail)"

I'm going away and want to download the map (Japan) from there ASAP.

I'm having the same problem. Something in google has changed. I worked fine 2 days ago. I guess we can wait for a new version of gmdl.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ruf View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Something in google has changed. I worked fine 2 days ago. I guess we can wait for a new version of gmdl.
    Another question.. Are there any way to get the geodata from googlemaps?

This module of GMDL never works for me!

same problem here...

like Trypa said, is there any other way to download these maps compatible with MapThis!?

or any solution for GMDL? I get an error even trying to download maps from Microsoft VirtualEarth...
    are any kind of maps in this program working??

thanks

DCEmu Newbie

So the "GMD 0.5.07a" has the errors since a couple of days ago?

Before it worked fine?

DCEmu Newbie

Figures- I have been waiting to get this app until we arrived in Australia today, I have spent several hours of my vacation trying to get this app to work right so I can copy maps for Brisbane, after messing with this forever I finally figure out that it's not a problem with me, it's a problem with google changing something grrrr... This sucks, not only do I have to get used to driving on the opposite side of the road and all these turnabouts, but I don't know where I'm going--- Please help!

DCEmu Newbie

Oh yeah, and I get the same error:
    "Something not quite right with this page, change to map view (its fine if there is no detail)"
    I'd love to see my iphone use offline maps with this...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information