Thread: Jumpy wii remote. Tried everything!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Jumpy wii remote. Tried everything!

I got my new wii a few weeks ago from germany, it was fine untill last week, the pointer jumps or drifts round the screen on its own and makes me keep selecting wrong things. I adjusted sensitivity but all the options showed either 1 dot or more than 6. I've cleaned the sensor bar and done everything in setup. Will it be a problem with the wii?

Could be a problem with the sensor bar... Maybe some of the infra red leds have gone... i had the same problem with a third party one. Best thing to do is contact Nintendo...

The front of the wii-mote is also really clean?

You can see if the lights on the 'sensor' bar are working or if it's a wii-mote problem by holding a digital camera (any $#@!ty camera-phone will do) at the 'sensor' bar and seeing if all the IR LEDs are lit up. 5 on each end, 3 close together with one a little further out to each side. I doubt it needs them all as candles work ok as a replacement.

Digital cameras turn IR light into visible light for some reason, I first saw it when messing with an old DV camcorder and someone used a remote a long while back.

Blog Entries

Perhaps all the leaves have fallen from your trees resulting in more sunlight coming through a nearby window which is interfering with the IR.

If thats what happened I am officially the greatest.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    The front of the wii-mote is also really clean?

You can see if the lights on the 'sensor' bar are working or if it's a wii-mote problem by holding a digital camera (any $#@!ty camera-phone will do) at the 'sensor' bar and seeing if all the IR LEDs are lit up. 5 on each end, 3 close together with one a little further out to each side. I doubt it needs them all as candles work ok as a replacement.

Digital cameras turn IR light into visible light for some reason, I first saw it when messing with an old DV camcorder and someone used a remote a long while back.
    The lights are all working fine. I finally got it to be reasonably straight. But I hate having to stand 40cm for it to work. Thanks though, I don't know why I didn't try the camera thing... My dad's obsessed with things like that..

Thread Information