Thread: Gears of War on PS3 eventually, says analyst

ps3 Gears of War on PS3 eventually, says analyst

via Computer and Video Games

Analyst heavyweight Michael Patcher as at his crystal ball again, this time dishing out the controversial prediction that Epic's Gears of War series will come to PlayStation 3... eventually.

Speaking to Game Trailers, Patcher pointed out that Epic is no stranger when it comes to the PlayStation 3 hardware, "we pretty much know that Gears of War 3 is probably gonna' come out on PS3."

The reasoning behind Mr. P's prediction is that Microsoft probably has a two game deal to keep the first inevitable Gears of War sequel Xbox 360 exclusive, but after that Epic's free to put it on whichever console it likes.

It'd be a big stir up if Gears 2 ended up on PS3, but will anyone really care by the time the third one comes out?

Just like GTA and Resident Evil before, we reckon Gears would've spent most of its worth by the time it goes multiplatform.

well theres a halo DS so dont be surprised.......

a PS3 is a waste of money. It should stay 360 exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Again, Microsoft has dominion over all of Gears trademarks, copyrights, blahblahblah. So again, this guy needs to switch from cocaine to moderate drinking, as this is as likely as a Halo 4 coming to PSP.
    Says who? AFAIK Microsoft only published the game. Epic owns all their own game franchises including Unreal Tournament so I'd like to see a source to where it says Microsoft owns the trademark.

In fact...I've done it for you. Here

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Says who? AFAIK Microsoft only published the game. Epic owns all their own game franchises including Unreal Tournament so I'd like to see a source to where it says Microsoft owns the trademark.

In fact...I've done it for you. Here
    orly? Halo's trademarks is owned by Microsoft. Published by Microsoft. Same with Gears. They have right over characters and trademarks. So sure, there can be a strategy Gears of War pitting humans against jellyfish over the Atlantic ocean in 1945. But not Marcus Fenix beating the **** out of Locust. In fact, Microsoft can be paid out...but it'd be payed alot. And I highly doubt Microsoft would ever let go of its second star series.

This is like saying Bungie owned all of Halo and no matter what Microsoft said, they could turn Master chief into a bunny if they wanted (cookie to the one who guesses where thats from ) Bungie made it. They did. Microsoft didn't. Didn't stop them, though.

P.S. The link is broken. It says search not encoded or something....reup?

Why are you talking about Halo? This has nothing to do with Halo....seeing as Bungie was owned by Microsoft.

For that link you can search Gears of War. Also have it here:

Word Mark GEARS OF WAR
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Prerecorded CDs and DVDs featuring music, characters, and scene sequences in motion picture films and music videos
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 78817286
    Filing Date February 17, 2006
    Current Filing Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Published for Opposition October 17, 2006
    Owner (APPLICANT) Epic Games, Inc. CORPORATION MARYLAND 620 Crossroads Boulevard Cary NORTH CAROLINA 27511
    Attorney of Record Douglas W. Kenyon, Esq.
    Prior Registrations 3022153
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Why are you talking about Halo? This has nothing to do with Halo....seeing as Bungie was owned by Microsoft.

For that link you can search Gears of War. Also have it here:

Word Mark GEARS OF WAR
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Prerecorded CDs and DVDs featuring music, characters, and scene sequences in motion picture films and music videos
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 78817286
    Filing Date February 17, 2006
    Current Filing Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Published for Opposition October 17, 2006
    Owner (APPLICANT) Epic Games, Inc. CORPORATION MARYLAND 620 Crossroads Boulevard Cary NORTH CAROLINA 27511
    Attorney of Record Douglas W. Kenyon, Esq.
    Prior Registrations 3022153
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
    I'm not gonna lie, I have no freaking idea what that means ..... I'm gonna guess though that is to show ownership over the series. You've got a point, it was stupid for me to think Microsoft owns Gears...I do stand by my idea that it owns the trademarks though, of gears. Gears could come to PS3, but not in the same form as the past gears. Published by Microsoft, they own most things that make GOW, GoW.

I suppose a better argument is would Microsoft EVER allow Epic to make Gears for another console without either waging "war" with them or without paying 50 mil to keep it exclusive? Gears has become MS new star of a game since Halo ended.

That right there is proof Epic owns the trademark...not that I really care as IMO Gears is an over hyped game, just like Halo.

Thread Information