Thread: POC Video - Project4 XMB Replacement

Blog Entries

psp POC Video - Project4 XMB Replacement

News from Auraomega:

Hi all, this is a project I've been working on for quite a while, I aim to release on Christmas Eve, just thought I'd let everyone who hasn't seen anything to do with this yet to take a look at a recording.

Just to clear up some confusion, this is written to flash0, and does edit firmware files, its not just a simple boot up from the memory stick.

Video ->

In the 1st clip it shows the installation. Once its finished installing the PSP must be manually shut down. Upon startup the Project4 splashscreen is shown, and all images are loaded.

In the 2nd clip an alternative theme is flashed, this can be done by anyone using anything, not just the specific ones in this video.

The 3rd clip shows that plugins aimed for the XMB still generally work in Project4, and I have shown (accidentaly may I add) that SCEP can be loaded still.

Please bare in mind that this is only a Proof of Concept, and in no way is a complete application, its purely here to show what has been made, and as an insentive to get other programmers working in the flash more.

More information plus *clear* screenshots can be found on my forums -> http://www.darkmessiah.byethost1 3.com/forums

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

-Aura

xmb replacment?
    sounds cool, i would like to see how this turns out

Thread Information