Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "PSP Killer" Pandora Revealed

DCEmu Newbie

MWeston posted some renders for more goto openpandora.ca

the resone that only renders kave bin posted even thru the hardware is readi is that the The final plastic- molds are not made yet

if you copy the image into a paint program and zoom in its an obvious rendering

the letters on the keyboard are crooked and everthing else is just WAY too sharp edged and clean to be a photo

course that doesnt mean its fake, just means they havent got a case for it finalized

Worse concept art ever. Its obviously a quick photoshop job, I just hope that isnt the final design.

Yeah, I want to hold my hands incredibly awkwardly right at the top of the screen to use the game controls....

With those specs you would think it would be bigger than a DS, but you couldn't use those controls at all if it was.

Blog Entries

If thats what it will look like I, for one, will not be buying one. The controls are horribly misplaced and it will most likely be overpriced or rather out of my range anyway.

DCEmu Legend

Are you serious? That was really supposed to be a PSP Killer? It reminds me of the ancient laptops from like the mid 90's. What would I rather carry with me and whip out for gaming... THAT? Or a Slim PSP?

I'll take the Slim PSP over that horrific design. This can't be serious. Maybe a joke or VERY early concept design.

Does it want to be a laptop or a handheld homebrew/gaming console?

Its like a portable version of the Jaguar controller, only even worse.

Mmmmm, those are some poorly thought out ergonomics.

DCEmu Rookie

I for one think this looks good. The keyboard is maybe a bit of overkill, but a homebrew console should have more buttons than a regular console. Plus the processing power combined with the fact that this likely won't be crippled like the PSP mean it should be good for all manner of homebrew and emulation. It seems like this has more than enough power to emulate N64 and PlayStation, along with likely being able to handle even the trickier parts of SNES emulation.

I do kind of wish they'd reconsider on the keyboard. Just a few extra buttons down there combined with the touchscreen would seem to be enough. I'll probably buy one anyway though, if the price is right (roughly comparable to PSP).

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Are you serious? That was really supposed to be a PSP Killer? It reminds me of the ancient laptops from like the mid 90's. What would I rather carry with me and whip out for gaming... THAT? Or a Slim PSP?

I'll take the Slim PSP over that horrific design. This can't be serious. Maybe a joke or VERY early concept design.

Does it want to be a laptop or a handheld homebrew/gaming console?
    This handheld is as large as the gp2x, therfore much more mobile than a laptop. No chance for psp hardwarewise: maybe sauerbraten on the go! :thumbup:

DCEmu Rookie

Wow there is way to many ppl in here who have obviously never used photoshop in their lives and have no idea what its for.
    Looking at all those renderings, the modeller needs shooting have you seen the buttons stuck on the back!? Looks like the Z button on the cube but worse. Im no pro but I could modell and texture the same thing looking actually real...

Now concidering the Asus Eee is only 250 quid then this shouldnt be that expencive at all.
    We all know the DS is overpriced for whats in it... and look at how cheap the Gizmondo was for the power it had, so I do think the specs look plausable.
    But, having said that, there is no copywrite info or anything at all for that matter on the OpenPandora.org/ca site, or on any of the renderings, which does make me think that this is all spoof info.
    Im not denying that the pandora is in existance, but I rekon all of this is a wind up by somebody totally unrelated to Gampark.

DCEmu Rookie

OMG! Next time cut better the D-PAD ...

Worst photoshop work i've ever seen (not really, but is BAAAAAD work)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information