Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: "PSP Killer" Pandora Revealed

DCEmu Newbie

Ds meets PSP, meets computer all in one in a sleek small size. Very nice!

DCEmu Newbie

Here's hoping this project actually becomes a reality. I'll believe in it for now in the spirit of Christmas.

My only qualm with it right now is the placement of the analog sticks. Won't you really have to stretch out your thumb to use them? I wish they could be put below or above the d-pad and the buttons, but I guess then there'd be no room for the QWERTY keyboard.

Googling it is difficult thanks to all the other tech stuff named "Pandora." They should have chosen a more unique name!
    Last edited by showka; December 22nd, 2007 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by showka View Post
    Here's hoping this project actually becomes a reality. I'll believe in it for now in the spirit of Christmas.

My only qualm with it right now is the placement of the analog sticks. Won't you really have to stretch out your thumb to use them? I wish they could be put below or above the d-pad and the buttons, but I guess then there'd be no room for the QWERTY keyboard.
    Take a nintendo ds and test the position of the analog sticks. The position is really comfortable.

I read the description "monster DS" in this thread. Maybe that is a really good comparison, because the pandora uses the design of the DS (the bestseller handheld of the actual generation) and the power of two (maybe three) psp. Furthermore no need for hacking anything, openGL support, high resolution, support of some of the best homebrew coders and the best community (wich was involved in a open discussion about technical details)... in short: the best handheld ever.
    Last edited by nr.56; December 22nd, 2007 at 20:29.

Man, this thing is UGLY! It's a good idea, but they need a much better design if they expect to make any sales.

East of Lost Angels , West of Victom Ville

this thing is FUGLY. come on. the nokia n800 looks better. they should take the design form them and improve on it. just add dual analogues

I am sorry but I can not understand the stupid discussion about design. Maybe I am too male. The design is ok. You can take it in your hands and you can play. What the **** can be a better design? I am adult, maybe that is the problem. No need to to splurge with a handheld in school breaks. Important for me is only how looks the software, not the case. The case has to be simple, proof, small and practical. That is all given. Some words about the psp design: Maybe it is nice ... if it is powered off. I do not like the slow, blurry and mirroring screen. That is a apparent design mistake!

PS: I own a PSP, GP2X and a DS. The Pandora could be practical as the DS free as the GP2X and powerful as two PSP. Bad deal?

Someone at sony should be shot for choosing the PSP's screen.

If it were a photo viewer it would be brilliant, but the response time it just awful.

It still looks better than the gp2sx's screen for most things though. Mixing black with bright colours is really bad as the pixels just cant change fast enough.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Don't the problem about design is the patent minefield. This was one of the reasons why a slide-out keyboard was not considered.

Personally, i've looked at the specs a while back of that OQO ( OGO.... whatever ) and for its price and whats on it..... you can get a pretty good laptop with better specs.

Sure, it wont be as small and not exactly pocket fit.... but its just not worth the money for one IMO.

technically, the "Pandora" ( horrid name...lol ) just seems like its trying to combine portable pc with mobile gamming....and its not working... lol

Don't the problem about design is the patent minefield. This was one of the reasons why a slide-out keyboard was not considered.
    if im not badly mistaken....didnt i see renders of a slide out keyboard on the site? that looked sexy as hell ( and id probably would have bought one if it would have been that design ) but with the current...it just seems to......meh...

my question is.... even with the patent mindfeild..... there shouldnt have been a problem with a slider keyboard.... atleast as far as i can tell there is many ways around the patent... ( there always has...and always will be loop holes )

for now..... ill stick with my 8525 OC'd with emulation goodies
    Last edited by PSPdemon; December 24th, 2007 at 02:59.
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PSPdemon View Post
    if im not badly mistaken....didnt i see renders of a slide out keyboard on the site? that looked sexy as hell ( and id probably would have bought one if it would have been that design ) but with the current...it just seems to......meh...
    There wasn't one but was discussed early on in the project.

my question is.... even with the patent mindfeild..... there shouldnt have been a problem with a slider keyboard.... atleast as far as i can tell there is many ways around the patent... ( there always has...and always will be loop holes )
    Patents can be fought over IF you have deep pockets. Most of the time, the larger corporations will take you to court as much as possible and drown you in legal fees.

As for the product, look at how well the Asus EEE PC is selling and how popular the Zaurus was in its prime.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information