Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live having trouble. Again. On Christmas day.

xbox 360 Xbox Live having trouble. Again. On Christmas day.

via Engadget

We hear a lot of people are having problems with Xbox Live today (we're not, for the record), but if you're feeling a bit sheepish about giving the gift of a 360 + Live service to a loved one, just imagine how Microsoft must feel. The service -- which we'd like to remind everyone is paid, unlike the competition's -- has been up and down since Christmas weekend. And it's not some surprise that there would be an influx of users today, nor is it any mystery to Microsoft how many Live accounts and Xboxes were sold over the past couple of weeks -- which is precisely why this kind of thing is so annoying. Thankfully, it seems to be a bit less widespread than last weekend's outage. Feel free to shout it out in comments.

Lol, typical Microsoft luck.

just got my xbox couldnt be happier but i suppose im one of the ones causing the problem haha

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    just got my xbox couldnt be happier but i suppose im one of the ones causing the problem haha
    You did?!

Omg turn it off now.

Haha, kidding. I remember a thread, some time ago, where me and Shadowblind told you to buy it! So, what games did you get?

DCEmu Newbie

soo, could this be causing the IP adress check to fail, because thats what problem my friend was getting yesterday night (Christmas). Hopefully, cause that problem sounds a little tricky.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bowmessage View Post
    soo, could this be causing the IP adress check to fail, because thats what problem my friend was getting yesterday night (Christmas). Hopefully, cause that problem sounds a little tricky.. :P
    Nope, it means there is a problem on his end. Connecting to xbox live is the last step. If live is down it should fail to connect on the last step not the second.
    Last edited by BrooksyX; December 26th, 2007 at 16:24.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksyX View Post
    Nope, it means there is a problem on his end. Connecting to xbox live is the last step. If live is down it should fail to connect on the last step not the second.
    alright, thanks .

I guess I'll just check he has DHCP enabled, all that good stuff, resetting the router.

Thanks again, I had to help him over AIM, and I've only PLAYED an Xbox 4 or 5 times.... :P. I'm going over to his house today, see if I can fix it.

A good stuff

preety
    webmaster
    http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

Well microsoft rarely get much right anyhow and as ive paid my subscription they cant moan when i moan at them for a $#@!ty service over the phone as they wanna keep me as a customer.

And lets not forget the competition has its problems as well except when you moan about them they have the cheek to wail "well it is a free service so put up and shut up until the service returns to normal".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information