Thread: hows your system holding out ?

Question hows your system holding out ?

droper.in
    w32/agent.pu
    ide21201.vxd
    download.exe
    w32/small.af
    backdoor trojen

This is just a small list of the many viruses I was infected with. Even tho I have a firewall and scan regularly.
    Nothing seems to have 100% percent security aginst viruses. Nothing..
    The small.af and the agent.pu are (ignore the extentions they change- the names are what important to remember)-viruses that change there name and copy thereself somwhere else when deleated. So far ive scanned in windows multipul times only to find out. that these viruses load thereselves into your windows registry, And since there actively running when there scanned over cannot be deleated. and no shuting them down from the task menu doesnt work either as they will just reapear instantly under another alies.
    dos scanning for instance Fprot for dos. allows one to scan for viruses from dos, ive used it it helps. but who knows if they will be back when I scan again in a few hours. your probibly thinking. gawd is this normal? The answer is no. to have this much trouble I must be under attack by somone. My question is does anybody know where I can find a good port scanner. The backdoor program. yes thats my clue that im under attack. I want the ip# SO I CAN HUNT THIS MOTHER $^%^( DOWN!!.. So I need a good open port scanner that will give me the ip number of individuals trying to connect to my system. Oh btw. just in case anybody is wondering, the source file that contained the orig unmoded package was located in my psp quake directory. when I had unziped it to copy over on to my psp. im not saying that the orig source. but if anyone else happens to virus scan and comes up with this same problem let me know.

Backup files...
    Install windows fresh...
    Move on.

DCEmu Pro

what AV u using? housecall? sounds like you may have something in your windows system restore things, turn off windows recovery then do the scan, then reboot your pc then re-enable the system restore.

Also I recommend you get Norton AV as it is actully very good (just scanned with it today 200000 odd files no viri, easy.

Unhappy ive done everything I know to do

Quote Originally Posted by Mental2k
    what AV u using? housecall? sounds like you may have something in your windows system restore things, turn off windows recovery then do the scan, then reboot your pc then re-enable the system restore.

Also I recommend you get Norton AV as it is actully very good (just scanned with it today 200000 odd files no viri, easy.
    Im useing fprot dos with updated sig and definetion files. Ive done everything I know to do. except like onetonbullet said. I really think thats extreme to have to reinstall windows for a virus. but ive done everything I know to do
    and yes I did have then im my system restore. the scan from dos revealed this. But I thought it got them only to find out next scan they where back as bad as ever

I have never used an anti virus, but somehow I only get a virus about once a year. I format my computer anyways every couple of months to clear up all the junk that builds up. Whenever I do get one, I backup and restore immediately because a virus will always seems to leave some useless files and registry entries behind.

Thread Information