Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DCEmu Asks - Nintendo 64 a History & Whats the greatest Nintendo 64 Game Ever ?

Wow, theres just too many to choose from on the 64, but I'll try.
    1) Duke Nukem 3D- I loved that game.
    2) Star Fox 64- The first 64 game I ever owned.
    3) Golden Eye- Man, I don't even know how many hours I spent on that game, so much time beating my older brother in multiplayer, led to lots of trouble, and playing outside.

Blog Entries

Perfect Dark.

DCEmu Rookie

Mario 64 hands down.

WWF No Mercy
    Goldeneye
    Jet Force Gemini
    Zelda OoT
    Zelda Majoras Mask
    DK 64
    Mario Kart
    Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth (Loved this game, a frien of mine imported it and I used to play it all the time, too bad it never came to the US but it is on the Wii's VC look it up and get it I recommend it!!)

While I wouldn't say mario 64 was the best 3d platformer of all time, it was still quite decent. However, the best N64 game for me has to be Zelda OOT, followed by Paper Mario.

DCEmu Newbie

Man, this is a hard choice. Most of N64's big hits (SM64, OoT, Mario Kart 64, Smash, Rogue Squadron, F-Zero X, and to a lesser extent Pokemon Stadium) have gone on to spawn superior sequels and/or enhanced ports that nearly render them obsolete. It's nice to revisit the originals for nostalgia's sake, and sometimes they include a nice treat or two that future titles neglected (F-Zero X Death Race, FTW), but their impact has been deadened a bit over time.

So far as titles that don't have a "younger brother" that steals its spotlight, it's gotta be Star Fox 64. Our furry pals just haven't had a solid hit since then (God willing, maybe Nintendo could crank out the unreleased Star Fox 2 on VC). Every Nintendo fan owes it to themselves to revisit this title if they haven't already.

Zelda: Majora's Mask is another one to watch out for. OoT has been revisited in Master Quest and for the most part outdone in Twilight Princess (though I admit, I miss Biggoron's Sword and a proper beast Ganon), but Majora continues to stand on its own merit after all this time, just as strong as ever. It includes numerous features unique to the series, not the least of which is rematchable bosses. You'll want to make full use of that once you nab Fierce Deity's Mask, which is quite possibly the most badass form of Link in existence.

Yoshi's Story is another unique entry that really stands out. It's short, and simple, yet its charm is undeniable, and there's lots of secrets to sniff out in your many replays. Whether you're a new gamer looking for a good place to get their feet wet in platforming, or a seasoned veteran who just happens to be a big fan of the little dinosaurs, you'll have a ball.

Also scoring an honorable mention is Goldeneye. Even to this day I normally avoid FPS games like the plague, and I'm not much of a 007 fan either. But somehow, someway, it still managed to suck me in. That's quite an amazing feat. And a meaty cheat list sure doesn't hurt its replay value, either. Anyone with a bit of pyromaniac in them cannot resist the mighty double rocket launchers.
    Last edited by Hypershell; December 30th, 2007 at 03:57.

Zelda ocarina of time is the best
    Others include: Mario 64,Starfox 64,Waverace,Super smash bros

DCEmu Old Pro

Hybrid Heaven
    World Driver Championship
    Castlevania 64
    Shadowgate 64: Trials of the four towers
    Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
    Killer Instinct Gold
    Bomberman 64

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time, Is Not Just The Best Game On The N64, Its The Best Game In Video Game History!

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

... i notice many of you have placed sm64 on the top.. but well i honestly cant say i agree... sure the story was well awesome and all... But still, Even to this day i still pull out the ol'64 and play smash bros with my friends(mostly impart to that fact that i don't own another Nintendo console newer then that {other then my ds}) I honestly believe That The next game Nintendo produces for the ds Should be Super smash Brothers. Even If they don't change a thing and copy it from 64 code to ds code. (btw i know absolutely nothing about code in any shape way or form...) just think The multi-player would indeed Be kickass, Hell even if the didn't even use the touch screen at all (which would be quite a shame) I would still pay twice the regular for it. But Listen to me ramble...

Im done here for now...

Emenblade

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information