Valve has unveiled the partners it is working with for the Steam Machines, and PCR has rounded up the details so far.
The lower end of the range is occupied by CyberPowerPC and iBuyPower’s offerings.
CyberPowerPC has two boxes – ‘A’ and ‘I’ – for AMD and Intel configurations respectively.
At $499, the ‘A’ model is the cheaper, powered by an AMD 3.9GHz dual-core processor and 2GB Radeon R9 270 graphics card.
$200 more, the ‘I’ runs on a 3.5GHz Intel Core i3 CPU paired with a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 card. Both models include 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a 500GB hard drive.
iBuyPower’s Machine favours AMD, with a quad-core Athlon X4 740 processor and Radeon R7 260X graphics. 4GB of RAM and 500GB of hard drive capacity round out the $499 box, which is wrapped with an app-controllable LED light.
Sitting slightly higher up the price range is Zotac’s Machine.
Details are yet to be confirmed, but Zotac has confirmed that the $599 box will feature an Intel Core processor with Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics.
The Gigabyte Brix Pro, with its i7 4770R, Intel Iris Pro 5200 graphics, 8GB of RAM and 1TB hard drive also looks likely to enter the range at around this price.
Just beyond the $1,000 mark sits the next wave of partner systems.
Materiel.net’s box rings in at $1,098 for an i5 4440, MSI GTX 760 OC graphics card and 8GB of RAM. Storage is provided by a 1TB SSHD with 8GB of flash memory.
Next up is Alternate’s $1,339 system containing an i5 4570, Gigabyte GTX 760, 16GB of RAM and 1TB SSHD.
Webhallen also favours Intel and Nvidia, offering an i7 4771 and GTX 780 alongside 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSHD for $1,499.
The first UK Steam Machine, Scan’s NC10, contains an i3 4000M, GTX 765M, 8GB of RAM and 500GB of storage.
It’s also the first to have a UK price revealed – starting at £699.
Currently unpriced, the Next SPA system, powered by an i5 CPU, GTX 760 graphics, 8GB of RAM and 1TB of storage, may join the mid-range Machines.
At the top end of the roster is the CPU-customisable Falcon Northwest system, offering 8 to 16GB of RAM with up to 6TB of storage and an Nvidia Titan for between $1,799 and $6,000.
Digital Storm’s Bolt II-based system is also aimed at those seeking top-end performance, with an i7 4770K, GTX 780 Ti, 16GB of RAM, 1TB HDD and 120GB SDD for $2,584.
Likely to come in at a similar price is the Origin PC Chronos, with an i7 4770K and twin 6GB Nvidia Titans.
Alienware is also set to release a Steam Machine (pictured), but is yet to reveal more details.

NEED TO KNOW
The Steam Machines made by the partners officially licensed by Valve will include the company’s Steam Controller as standard.
All of the systems will also run on Valve’s SteamOS operating system, which is based on Linux and has been optimised for gameplay.
Several of the computers also dual-boot into Windows, on which the entire Steam library of games can be accessed.
http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...-so-far/033386