Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP DOSBox v0.71 Build 02.01.2008 - Dos Emulator for PSP

Default PSP DOSBox v0.71 Build 02.01.2008 - Dos Emulator for PSP

New day, new release . CrazyC released a new build of his famous port of DOSBox for our PSP. He wrotes:

I put up a new build which attempts to auto calculate the cylinder,head,sector values. The result should have a number of sectors just slightly less then the actual on the disk. Hopefully it will also be larger then the first partition, but if not it won't be terrible as dosbox only uses CHS for int 13h operations which very few apps use. In short, don't try to run fdisk from within dosbox. To do it run "imgmount <drive> msstor0: -t hdd -fs fat".

Get the latest build from:
    http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9564
    or:
    http://www.emunews24.de/dosemus.html#sony%20psp257
    Last edited by aTomIC; January 3rd, 2008 at 14:33.

hum... 02.01.2007? YAY!! we travelled back through time!!

*seriously*

Its great to have a new build of DosBox but in all that text you quoted I failed to understand in what does this new build have anything new... In terms of speed of course...
    Anyways great post

Aarrgh, thx for the message. I fixed the date. Sorry.

Its great to have a new build of DosBox but in all that text you quoted I failed to understand in what does this new build have anything new... In terms of speed of course...
    I don't understand CrazyC, too. But, i think he improved the hdd emulation because there were some trouble mounting an image.

ooooh... ok... that's fine I guess :P

Great stuff.

A very noobish question, I know, but I've mounted my Theme Hospital directory as CD-rom, now what command do I type to use it? I'm trying to get around the No CD error, as I obviously can't insert my CD.

DCEmu Newbie

If you can't get this to work, then try the Theme Hospital PSX game with Popstation.

I need help with controls for Alone in the Dark. Can anyone tell me how to assign the controls in the config?

Quote Originally Posted by myuusmeow View Post
    If you can't get this to work, then try the Theme Hospital PSX game with Popstation.
    No worries, I've got it working now. There's no music and the ingame animations are unwatchable, but it's still very playable. I'd just like to find out what benefits mounting to a CDROM or an ISO give, really.

Quote Originally Posted by jurkevicz View Post
    I need help with controls for Alone in the Dark. Can anyone tell me how to assign the controls in the config?
    You'd be better off using .bat file placed inside AITD's directory. Here's my .bat I'm using for Theme Hospital:
    http://download.yousendit.com/4143609F531FE3C2

edit it using Notepad, change the function at the end of each line, as you can see I've used half the buttons so I could spell my name easily when starting Theme Hospital (you only really need the mouse buttons when playing Theme Hospital - which I've assigned to X & [] for ease).

button1 and button2 are the two mouse buttons, and if you'd like you can change R & L by using rtrigger & ltrigger. They're defaulted as the mouse buttons, with the joystick being the mouse itself.

Finally don't forget to change the final word to the name of the .exe your gonna be executing. As you can probably guess mine was hospital.exe

Now when you come to play Alone in the Dark, instead of launching the exe, launch the .bat which will map your buttons and then launch the game itself.
    Last edited by No_one_in_particular; January 8th, 2008 at 02:01.

Thanks, that helped a lot!

No worries, copy and paste your .bat commands here once you've got them figured out - I wouldn't mind seeing what all the fuss is about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information