Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hokuto No Doom

Would really appreciate to have feedback from multiplayer users...

I tried it in the office (a coworker got a PSP) and founded no way to run the HTML help interface while I took few hours to format it for PSP screen.

Couldn't it be a way to run it ??
    Does PSP handle HTML ?

Maybe requires a second EBOOT just for the PSP help display.

Requires answer to those question and as I didn't have a PSP that's quite hard.
    Also requires assistance on DS development.

Regards from Paris, France.
    Benoit, webmaster of http://www.icemanpage.com
    Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project

wraggster i would recommend removing the download from this page as it is an illegal mod and qualifies as warez because it is using a modified shareware IWAD

and i quote from the EULA for DooM

2. Permitted New Creations. Subject to the terms and provisions of this
    Agreement and so long as you fully comply at all times with this Agreement,
    ID grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to create for the
    Software (except any Software code) your own modifications (the "New
    Creations") which shall operate only with the Software (but not any demo,
    test or other version of the Software).

IE any mod made to work with the demo/shareware version of doom is forbidden by ID software

remember shareware does not = freeware

the full EULA can be found here

http://www.doom2.net/~mykdoom/misc/EULA.TXT

we of the DooM community have been trying to get iceman to understand what he is doing is illegal and try to get him to make a legal version of this, because with all this hype he is trying to make is going to eventually get him in some form of trouble with id software

so far he is really not getting it though...

HADOOMKEN (lame)

Thumbs down Oh please

Quote Originally Posted by hnsolo77 View Post
    wraggster i would recommend removing the download from this page as it is an illegal mod and qualifies as warez because it is using a modified shareware IWAD

and i quote from the EULA for DooM

2. Permitted New Creations. Subject to the terms and provisions of this
    Agreement and so long as you fully comply at all times with this Agreement,
    ID grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to create for the
    Software (except any Software code) your own modifications (the "New
    Creations") which shall operate only with the Software (but not any demo,
    test or other version of the Software).

IE any mod made to work with the demo/shareware version of doom is forbidden by ID software

remember shareware does not = freeware

the full EULA can be found here

http://www.doom2.net/~mykdoom/misc/EULA.TXT

we of the DooM community have been trying to get iceman to understand what he is doing is illegal and try to get him to make a legal version of this, because with all this hype he is trying to make is going to eventually get him in some form of trouble with id software

so far he is really not getting it though...
    You sound like a lawyer. It's simply a few mods to a source port of a 15 year old game.

But what else can I say about fools who make their first post to tell the owner of a large homebrew site to remove a post.

relax i said recommend, not "remove it now >:-( cause i said so!!!!"

its also a 15 year old game that is still sold in stores as well, plus i like this site and i would not like to see any backlash to it if something does happen

also check your reg date vs my reg date, i lurk

so i would say you are more of a newbie than i, post count and ranks don't mean squat

relax i said recommend, not "remove it now >:-( cause i said so!!!!"

its also a 15 year old game that is still sold in stores as well, plus i like this site and i would not like to see any backlash to it if something does happen

also check your reg date vs my reg date, i lurk

so i would say you are more of a newbie than i, post count and ranks don't mean squat
    I never said you were a newbie, there's probably many people like you and me that lurked on DCEmu for about a year before joining.

*EDIT: I thought you were one of those people who joined to say one thing (like a spammer), so sorry about calling you a fool and all that
    Last edited by Eviltaco64; January 27th, 2008 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    I never said you were a newbie, there's probably many people like you and me that lurked on DCEmu for about a year before joining.

*EDIT: I thought you were one of those people who joined to say one thing (like a spammer), so sorry about calling you a fool and all that
    its ok, no harm no foul

the only reason i posted was the fact that iceman keeps posting this everywhere, why im trying to get him to remake the thing so he wont get himself in trouble is beyond me...

but seeing as i do use this site i dont want any crap backlashing here because the warez mod was hosted here

Talking

Hnsolo77,

Introduction

Why choosing a name of the millenium falcon pilot, one of the most wanted from Jabba, a mercs that convoy illegal products (or obiwan kenobi) and then accuse people to make warez.

That's paradoxal...

Concerning "illegal" term

That's blessing, it's a f*****g fan project.

Concerning your note, you quote the complete contract of the full game, and not from an ID official source, see this that comes with the shareware :

"Id respectfully request"..."not affect incentive to purchase" (wrote 14 years ago, no impact of such project on incentive desire to purchase)

There's no threat concerning piracy or any claim on maps... they just encourage to not proceed this way.
    A game sale runs one or two years, nothing more... not fourteen, so I never damaged this company.

Also note that DOOM gamers use massively DOOM2 and not DOOM as it offers more textures ressources and enemies variety...
    So that project didn't anytime affect the company.

In my opinion, this project made advertising for the company (small advertising, I admit, with around 3000 people in the world) and this project was always trying to be the most respectfull of the manga artists that created the caracters and the Doom creators that made the engine.

I prefer plan to create a small WAD of 9 levels based on a shareware than encourage to download the full version without paying for it.

How many people didn't purchase DOOM2 and are night and day on online servers ?...

How many people used the logo of DOOM for their maps, while this logo is attached to copyright ?...

Why are those claims so hypocritic...

I think that this discussion durate too long, and only appears on DOOM boards.

Everyone forgot that the caracters are Japanese artists ones, but this noone speaks about, only about the US engine.

If you wanna claim, write a claim about all the project and not only the engine aspect, this is nombrilism to only focus on the engine.

We never thinked to damage any company, we just try to recreate Doom by using sculpture modeling, rotoscoping, animation, midi, and so on as ID did 14 years ago... this was our challenge and tribute because such immersive game with Hokuto No Ken was never made before, nothing else.

Concerning "everywhere" posting

Wrong, this is a not a spam, but a totally studied marketing action.

Relayed by major informatic press actors that estimated the quality of this fan project.

Note that DCEMU (UK) one is coming from PSPGen (France) on which was developed the PSP conversion and tests.

This information covered few countries in Europe, America and Asia.

I simply focused on some journalists or webmasters that made a paper about this new and then the RSS cloners website made the rest and made grown the information.

To end the project I'll offer a 1'45" theatrical trailer in some weeks, stay tuned.

Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project

Quote Originally Posted by iceman57 View Post
    Hnsolo77,

Why choosing a name of the millenium falcon pilot, one of the most wanted from Jabba, a mercs that convoy illegal products (or obiwan kenobi) and then accuse people to make warez.

That's paradoxal...

the EULA can be changed by whim by the copyright holder at any time, doom2.net's information is pretty accurate

Concerning "everywhere" posting

Wrong, this is a not a spam
    since when did i even say this was spam in the first place?

veryone forgot that the caracters are Japanese artists ones, but this noone speaks about, only about the US engine.

If you wanna claim, write a claim about all the project and not only the engine aspect, this is nombrilism to only focus on the engine.
    about the anime characters used, last i checked the sprites were fan art, i see nothing wrong with using user created art in any game mod as long as it is not being sold or used for profit, as you have made no intention or action in that regard with the fan art i see nothing wrong

about the engine, no one is or has been complaining about the game engine, we have just pointed out that an altered shareware wad is illegal

i myself would reccomend using the FreeDooM IWAD as a base since it is a free non-commercial IWAD that is free to alter, ill even offer you help in converting it to your project's needs

im not trying to be a jerk or trying to attack you, im just trying to help you understand that you made a screwup that can possibly get you in legal trouble, and i for one would not like to see that

we have just pointed out that an altered shareware wad is illegal
    Did you wrote such flamming note to "Doom 3 classic" team, they used same maps...
    _____

What surprised me since the beginning of the project is simply :
    "Why does the "-file" command work in the Demos EXEs and why they didn't simply remove it from the command line possibilities ?"

Note that i didn't edit the code to remove such control, I simply made a PWAD with the same lists of textures able to run with it...

All levels are reviewed using independant light per sector and higher ceils to accept bigger sprites on OpenGL engines.

All sprites had been created using rotoscoping as they made in the game. Costed us months of works, five people dedicated to this work.

Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information