Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hokuto No Doom

Blog Entries

psp Hokuto No Doom

A new mod of Doom has been released with what seems to be a Streetfighter flavor to the proceedings

heres the translation

For more than 6 months, the team of Ice Man Page is working on a FPS "Ken survivor" which would use the 3D engine of DOOM ... This international project which will be grouped around twenty people and created many partnerships ended recently and has been adapted on PSP! Click on quickly thereafter.

What better way to celebrate the 20 years of the survivor Ken (Hokuto No Ken) and the 10-year 3D engine of Doom in the public domain than to marry in a project named Hokuto No Doom? In any case, the idea was the iceman57:

During this year, I was fortunate enough to mount an international partnership with www.hokutolegacy.com (Belgium) and www.doomwadstation.com (USA) and manager of a team of 20 people around the world under the "Hokuto No Doom." What is this project? .. Quite simply a game "Ken survivor" on PC-based 3D engine of Doom.

Why an engine as old? Simply because he is the one who was best suited, as amended, and converted a host of tools are available. And then I had the opportunity to attack me ten years ago but the current competence.

Why Ken? Simply because an engine for 80-90 years and then I had a series of the same period and who else but Ken could evolve into a world as violent as that of Doom? ..
    The project completed in September, iceman57 has quietly returned to his usual occupation ... But it was not counting on PSPGen and our article on the latest version of DOOM PSP, which gave a new idea to the project leader:

Run "Hokuto No Doom" on PSP (not that it !!!).

Rejoice therefore you dear readers, since grāceau engine Chilly Willy and the support offered by several weeks since Alree, a member of our forums, Hokuto No Doom is now available on PSP!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via pspgen

You got to love Street Fighter! ...and er? ...Doom! lol

Looks quite a different mod... will download this beaut now.

looks really cool.
    very nice man, i would try this if my psp wasnt broken

DCEmu Regular

not street fighter. Fist of the North Star (which is exatly what Hokuto no Ken translates too... not Ken Survivor lol)

HnK is awesome as hell. I got into it because I used to Pay the Japanese Slot machine (and now own one) but since I wanted to know the story behind it, I got into a fan-subbing site and even helped translate an episode with the help of my wife. If you want to know the story, there are 152 episodes in all, and we've translated 136 so far.

http://heartofmadness.com/

oh.. and yes you can buy the over priced set of DVDs commercially, but the translations really suck. That's why we're translating it ourselves.

Damn, this release wrote on DCEMU.co.uk, what an honor

Well as you readed up, the linear translation was wrong, the original name "Hokuto No Ken" means litteraly "Ken from the big dipper".
    French edition uses the name "Ken the survivor" while Italian edition use "Ken the warrior", international name is "Fist of the North Star".

The different steps of development were reported to HeartOfMadness.com which in my opinion is one of the most important board to diffuse on the whole earth this amazing animation.

With the hope you may enjoy this mod which generated a team work during a year, the PC version (original release) is available. Also note that the archives are always supplied with an HTML help menu with all project details.

Concerning other engines, DS version under tests but the engine didn't manage music yet, NOKIA version under tests too...
    Currently working after the teaser (here : ) to create a trailer... 3x longer than the teaser.

Joinable anytime, will follow a bit this thread during a while...

Kind regards from Paris, France.
    Benoit, webmaster of http://www.icemanpage.com
    Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project.
    Last edited by iceman57; January 5th, 2008 at 23:27.

DCEmu Regular

Incorrect. KEN is in KANJI. Kanji has it's own meaning, in this case it's "FIST"

Hokuto is also in Kanji and it means NORTH STAR, not big dipper. The big dipper is called "Hokuto Shichisai" in Japanese (North 7 stars... more or less). My wife is Japanese so you can't touch me on this one.

the fact that his name is kenshiro is irrelevant.

so if you really want a 'linear' translation it's North Star Fist, or word for word... Fist of (the)North Star.

At any rate, thanks for the homebrew! This one is close to my heart :P
    Last edited by urherenow; January 6th, 2008 at 10:32.

Owh really, that explains now why I always asked me why they translated it by "fist"...

I unfortunaly didn't have the language skills of the HeartOfMadness team (^_^).

Whatever, fyi, at the origin this was a "City Hunter" project in which I'm more fan...
    But in order to mix the violent universe of Doom with a manga, the only able to fit perfectly was "Fist Of The North Star".

Then the project started and runned one year...
    Here is this one year development thread (apologies french only)...

http://www.hokutolegacy.com/forum/in...showtopic=2927
    (Some hosted pictures may have disappear due to such long time).

The way I prefered instead of making beta versions was to use video streaming on http://www.youtube.com/icemanpage by this way the different team members could see tests results and discuss about easily...

I seeked that a NOKIA version is already appearing on few boards, based on "VzzzV" tests and works.

But we're currently discussing with "VzzzV" to make it better with menu and HTML help as each release pack (copy/paste on system and play).
    So please if you've a NOKIA prefer have to wait some days (maybe weeks) before to download those halfmade unofficial clones

- PC version : OK
    - PSP version : OK
    - NOKIA version : Release estimated for January (around 20th)...
    - DS version : Running but awaits strong engine evolution, no current release time estimation possible.

Joinable anytime for additionnal details.

Kind regards from Paris, France.
    Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project.
    Last edited by iceman57; January 6th, 2008 at 11:18.

URGENT :

"Hokuto No Doom" DS Version almost done, need a valid test way with emulator on PC and some DS testers...

Need some people that already tried to emulate "DSDOOM" on a valid emulator as I receive error message...

If you wanna join the project, tell me a thread to discuss about or add me in your contact list...

That would be amazing to put it on DS too... and maybe the technic I founded will succeed.

Regards from Paris, France.
    Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project

Wow nice, its one of my favorite manga/anime because of its brutallity, hehehe, well nice app, i will try to load it now on my psp,

nice job man this will be a fun one to play
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information