Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSP Skype for PSP 2000 (Slim) Owners Only

it doesn't matter sony.
    yea go ahead and try to make us buy psp slim's, too bad through homebrew we will have a rewritten prx, for the fat, and another plugin for use with a headet that does fit in the psp.

Before its even been released Fanjita is back and arrives in style with phat compatible version, welcome back

i got a slim... BRING IT ON

(where's the download button?)

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by djbrotherson View Post
    i got a slim... BRING IT ON

(where's the download button?)
    It isn't out yet; it is supposed to be released by the end of January and since that is fast approaching, I am beginning to wonder if they will make the deadline.

Chances are, this will come as a firmware update, meaning that us Fat owners (who don't run CFW) will still have the Skype icon, but will be unable to use it. Chances are, however, that Sony won't change the mic; while they probably want people to buy the Skype headset they are releasing, that would be very bad business considering many people may already have a headset for Socom or Killzone Liberation.

I hope thats the case anyway, because that would really suck. The PSP Fat owners cannot use Skype, probably because the Fat has less memory than the Slim, but to make the mic incompatible with Fat PSPs would make it that much harder for us to get Skype working through CFW.

yeaa i feel you on that it would be a bad marketing move for Sony but they always making bad moves. I was gonna use furikup but i didnt want to bother, i have a freakin cell phone lol

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by djbrotherson View Post
    yeaa i feel you on that it would be a bad marketing move for Sony but they always making bad moves. I was gonna use furikup but i didnt want to bother, i have a freakin cell phone lol
    The only thing that makes Skype desirable for me is that for 3 dollars a month I can make calls to anyone in the US on Landlines and Cell phones. If my Cell battery dies when I am out somewhere and I have a PSP, I have that as a backup.

As well, I'd rather pay 3 bucks a month for Skype than 80 for my cell phone.

Thats really what makes it worth it for me, and I live in an area with good Cell and Wi-Fi coverage, so it would be a nice "fall-back option".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information