Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 7 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Handheld?

PSP hands down with its collection of emulators, applications, games. Its simply the best. PSX full speed on a handheld, come on its a no brainer.

DCEmu Rookie

anyone who answers anything other than psp has either never used one or has a problem with sony, before that all we had was ngage and that was very limited and even now the ds is under powered for anything but old consoles

DCEmu Newbie

PSP-with a nice and juicy 8gb mem card...You can fit thousands of games on a psp. I still play Marvel vs. Capcom and Samurai Showdown 4 all the time...It looks better than the arcade games because the screen is small and the graphics look amazing!! GP2x uses AA batteries, so lame. The screen on the GP2x looks too interlaced. I prefer the sharp and crisp look of the PSP screen anyday.

DCEmu Coder

I think Nintendo DS because of all the flash cards and xtends

Quote Originally Posted by monaug5 View Post
    I think Nintendo DS because of all the flash cards and xtends
    yeah.. but those are expensive... the psp does not need adapters... so psp is the most advance system for emulation
    so i go for the psp

DCEmu Newbie

Psp...

DCEmu Newbie

hum... psp i guess

DCEmu Newbie

:thumbup: I own Nintendo DS Lite, Sony PSP, GP2X, GP32, Gizmondo and Tapwave Zodiac 2, and in my opinion, the GP32 is #1 the greatest homebrew handheld, Sony PSP is #2, the GP2X is #3, Tapwave Zodiac is #4, and Nintendo DS Lite is #5, and on last place is Gizmondo #6

first psp

but i will never forget my first homebrew handheld love: the gba =) it has many fantastic emus!

PSP, hands down... I own what seems to be the top three handheld systems, the PSP, DS and GP2X...

#3. sadly I could not handle the poor construction of the GP2X... the plastic screen you apply yourself came to me cracked even -_-; the directional pad is wonky and the buttons are way too close together. NTM the audio only works when the jack is not pushed all the way in. as far as apps... I LOVE Linux, so its still my top 3 I assume that it has good support... i regretted buying it about a week after i got it.

#2. The DS, its an awesome system as far as functionality, Top screen for gameplay, bottom screen for map/menu or just generally touching for some reason or other. The DS in theory should be an awesome tool for RTS fanatics, but sadly there are very few RTS homebrew games out for it, and all the ones being made rarely get updates. Homebrew is clunky, depending on the flashcart. It lacks good emulators, Snes will probably never really run full speed with it. I love the input method tho, and homebrew that utilizes it i really enjoy. Love the folding screen and durability... aside for the crack on my left hinge -_-;

#1. The PSP, bastard child of all homebrew. You cant even go a day without seeing some new homebrew you can use to help your everyday life. IRShell alone does so many awesome things that even some PDA devices cant even do. Emulators are very good and supported. Full speed PSX emulation. and a half finished (with high hopes it will work someday) N64 emulator. Snes is about full speed with about 95% of the games. The psp, to me, is the solution to a portable XBOX. Its a portable "do anything you want" machine. Its as functional as a PC IMO.

another reason I feel I have to choose the PSP, I've played alot of DS games on my DS before... but when it comes to the PSP, I'm too distracted by its homebrew and constant homebrew updates to even bother with PSP games. I use it for homebrew about 98% of the time, and I love every minute! :P

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information