Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 concerns?

well we wiil see what happens, i will eventually buy them all, i will prolly get the 360 first, has it comes out months before others, then REV, because i am diggin' the backwards compatability thing

Rev go back to nintendo right? or just to gameboy games?

Quote Originally Posted by AKB
    how funny, i still think ps3 is better if killzone looks as good as the trailor

That's my point in this thread. PS3 is clearly the victor.

Microsoft has made terrible marketing blunders and will be utilizing an obsolete disc format.

also in no way can one game (halo 360) save the platform!

not at the PS3 launch date anyway

Quote Originally Posted by gimpyjr
    That's my point in this thread. PS3 is clearly the victor.

Microsoft has made terrible marketing blunders and will be utilizing an obsolete disc format.

also in no way can one game (halo 360) save the platform!

not at the PS3 launch date anyway
    no. dont be a fan boy. plenty of good titles are releasing on launch for 360-

Gears of War (uses by far the greatest FPS engine to date Unreal3)

The Elder Scrolls 4

and plenty of other titles. You cant declare a victor now (takeing the path of the retarded sony fanboy) you can only state your opinion.

sorry about that. But you have to see that the games will be severly limited in size/length, do to the use of the 9GB DVD standard.

Bethesda has said that oblivion is a shorter game than morrowind because of disk space constraints. Despite the fact that HD-DVD will be supported in future 360's, nobody in their right mind will want to spend 60 dollars on a game, and 300 dollars on a system only to be told later that HD-DVD is supported in the new console and to come and buy one.

It's micro$oft ladies and gentlemen they will lick your pocket clean and then spit you out :-) If you remember when morrowind was first released it was just Morrowind. But then the bigger better game of the year addition came out which included the expansion packs. This will happen with all the launch titles can't you see it :-) The old gears of war, oblivion, PGR3, and others will ultimatley be replaced by their HD-DVD counterparts.

buy a PS3 folks, it will cost you more but hey you get what you pay for.

plus PS3 is supposed to have a ten year lifespan.

My only 360 concern is the backwards compatibility. HD gaming really isn't that much of an issue to me. I grew up on my sister's old Atari, and got a Sega Genesis when I was about 5 (15 now). I'm stunned by current generation graphics as it is. My concern of the system is definitely of the possibility of it pulling a Saturn/Dreamcast. This system has major public support, that's for sure, but if there's a shortage of systems, it's a bitch to develop for, and if everyone knows the PS3 is going to cost a kidney, they're going to keep their money. I see a lot of similarities between the 360 and the Dreamcast function wise, and that's very exciting to me, so, even if the system is destined to die before this generation is over (which I doubt..) I'll still be getting one.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKB
    how funny, i still think ps3 is better if killzone looks as good as the trailor
    that was fake video, it was not running of ps3 hardware. still it looks that the ps3 will be more powerfull than the 360, but then the xbox is a lot more powerfull than the ps2 but the ps2 is the market leader

It wasn't fake! the alpha-kits just weren't fast enough to run it at a decent framerate so it was pre-rendered using in game assets.

Apparently HD gaming is a huge issue with microsoft. After all it's what they are basing the whole marketing campaign on. I can't stress enough however that you can't have real HD gaming on a 9GB disc. It's just not possible

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information