Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will hackers start?

Default When will hackers start?

When will hackers begin working on cracking the 2.0 version? Soon, or never?

Arrow There working there asses off i'm sure. . .

Obviously very soon because they realize that people are now faced with the decision to upgrade because the new games have ben requiring an upgrade. If we want this system to be around we will need to buy the games! Hackers do not want to keep us at 1.5 because than we'll end up with another Dreamcast and it will go out of production! So to answer your question Indian Cheese-There def. gonna try to crack 2.0 rather than 1.51 or 1.52 because were now forced (basically) to upgrade if we want to keep buying games (WHICH IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO!) GTA-Liberty city stories, Madden 06, NBA Live 06 to name a few good upcoming titles!

Question Hmm im afraid to ask this one..

The only person I know truthfuly to be qualified enough to answer this one would be quzar, I have a really ignorant question, and I dont want to sound like a noob. But this question goes way beyond what I know of codeing/hacking/programing by far. And quazar is the only person I would know that may even know the answer to it in truth.
    So I will just ask it. Is it possible to homebrew a fimrware for a console or portible. I realize one would need offical digital signitures and such. and im not asking with the psp in mind. Just a general firmware question. Would it be possible for somone to (homebrew) a firmware version. Not an update miind you, An entire firmware set. I realize how impossibly difficult this would be and I realize it will most likely never happen as well. My question is simply is such a thing even possible in (homebrew hands) ?

My question was just a curious one. and I didnt see the need to start a new thread for a question that I would only trust the answer to, by one person. So I put it here.

Many pardons if ive somhow jacked up the flow of this thread

well, i don't think its possible. it would require a LOT of coding, and one bug could cost you your system. however, a good idea would be to edit a 2.0 update PBP and remove all security updates. but wtf am i talking about? i don't know anything about the hacking part. but even if a homebrew firmware was created, you would have to first get past the system's current security. there's your catch-22 situation. i guess you would have to update with a 1.5. ok, enough rambling.

final question: is it possible for hackers to create a program like kxploit that would perform some sort of exploit to the system and bypass the security? or would you have to have your psp actually PHYSICALLY altered?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    well, i don't think its possible. it would require a LOT of coding, and one bug could cost you your system. however, a good idea would be to edit a 2.0 update PBP and remove all security updates. but wtf am i talking about? i don't know anything about the hacking part. but even if a homebrew firmware was created, you would have to first get past the system's current security. there's your catch-22 situation. i guess you would have to update with a 1.5. ok, enough rambling.

final question: is it possible for hackers to create a program like kxploit that would perform some sort of exploit to the system and bypass the security? or would you have to have your psp actually PHYSICALLY altered?
    Please think before what you say. And if nothing is good then don't say it at all. And yes it is HIGHLY possible to use homebrew on the 2.0. But not as of now it just been released!
    I am very annoyed by you because version 2 was released today. And how in the ****ing world should a programmer hack the version in one day, if it is new! Just do what every leacher is doing. Hang back and take a quite pill.

Have a nice day

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 容ddragon
    Please think before what you say. And if nothing is good then don't say it at all. And yes it is HIGHLY possible to use homebrew on the 2.0. But not as of now it just been released!
    I am very annoyed by you because version 2 was released today. And how in the ****ing world should a programmer hack the version in one day, if it is new! Just do what every leacher is doing. Hang back and take a quite pill.

Have a nice day
    highly possible ? As of right now its completely impossible. And since the new firmare just came out I would assume the security has been agressivly overhauled to make sure that its nearaly impossible to run homebrew upon.
    Not saying that it will never be possible tho. but my estimation is dont exspect to see a 2.0 psp running homebrew this year.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet
    highly possible ? As of right now its completely impossible. And since the new firmare just came out I would assume the security has been agressivly overhauled to make sure that its nearaly impossible to run homebrew upon.
    Not saying that it will never be possible tho. but my estimation is dont exspect to see a 2.0 psp running homebrew this year.
    Please reread my post because you just read the first line.

Thumbs up nopers I read the whole post.

No offence Its just the the post doesnt make much since red.
    To say somthings highly possible when its clearly is not and then go on in the same post and say its not. Is an oxymoron. You cant say somthings highly possible. When its just not. You could say,it is highly possible that we may someday play homebrew on a 2.0 but to say its highly possible and leave that same statement as it is. Its just a false statement. No matter how you go on to explain yourself later on in that same post. sorry bro truely no offence ment at all really

There are a lot of reasons one shouldnt make false statements like this.
    The update just came out some noob might just skim by it and update, thinking its possible to play homebrew on there psps after the update.
    Would you really want to be part of the reason somone could not play homebrew ?
    Really bro im not throwing some sort of english lit lesson down on you about sentence structure here, there are valid reasons that peticular statement is dangerous.
    Ps I make it a point to read the entire thread before I reply to any post bro to avoid confuseing people.

Quote Originally Posted by 容ddragon
    I wasn't referring to the homebrew, retard. I was talking about a homebrew firmware, like the other guy was.

DCEmu Newbie

Hmm, what about finding a way to dump the firmware (to answer your question in the 3rd post, yes it is possible to dump firmware, so far no for the PSP though). Use the 1.50 firmware, and find a way to change it so it tricks the PSP into thinking it's an upgrade (IE change 1.5 to 2.1).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information