Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP Quake 1 ver. 1.1

DCEmu Newbie

I've managed to get the mp3 playback to work in Quake however it crashes shortly after an mp3 ends. Is there a fix for this or do I have one of the config files set up incorrectly? Or could it be the format of the mp3's themselves. They are all ripped from the same album with the same specs . . . does anyone else have this problem?

Sorry to be such a n00b

[edit] I'm running 3.40 OE with the SW_UM version. If that helps.
    Last edited by Den; January 22nd, 2008 at 01:36.

Quote Originally Posted by `The0n3 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get Hexen 2 working with the psp slim?
    Why are you asking about Hexen 2 in the Quake thread?
    It should be simple if you have 1.50 or a cfw with 1.50 support. If you have something like 3.80 M33 and the 1.50 support you just put the Hexen 2 in GAME150 and copy the data1 folder out of a PC installation of Hexen 2 into the Hexen 2 folder in GAME150 on your PSP

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I've managed to get the mp3 playback to work in Quake however it crashes shortly after an mp3 ends. Is there a fix for this or do I have one of the config files set up incorrectly? Or could it be the format of the mp3's themselves. They are all ripped from the same album with the same specs . . . does anyone else have this problem?

Sorry to be such a n00b
    It could be the files, but I doubt it. I ripped the Quake music using Windows Media Player and it worked fine for me. I just converted it from WMA to MP3 at 128kbps and 44kHz.
    If you do Properties on your Mp3 file go to the summary tab and switch into advanced view, down at the bottom it will tell you what your Bit Rate and Audio Sample Rate are.

DCEmu Newbie

192kbps, Can't find out the kHz, I'm on my mates laptop using Vista . . . It doesn't have those tabs as far as I can see (of they moved them somewhere stupid). I'll try mp3's of lesser quality as these are all 5mb+

Also should there be 10 or 11 mp3 files and would this effect it at all?

192kbps, Can't find out the kHz, I'm on my mates laptop using Vista . . . It doesn't have those tabs as far as I can see (of they moved them somewhere stupid). I'll try mp3's of lesser quality as these are all 5mb+

Also should there be 10 or 11 mp3 files and would this effect it at all?
    You should try to use some 128kbps songs.
    I haven't used Vista yet so I couldn't say - Probably just changed where that stuff is.
    Having track 10 and 11 doesn't effect the game, somehow I ended up without a track 11 and it worked fine. If a track is missing the game just throws an error in the console that the track couldn't be played and nothing happens.

Now that I think about it I think it's a bug in the mp3 play back since my game seems to be crashing about every 5 minutes (the length of the original tracks). The version of Quake with AdHoc didn't have this problem but it stuttered every time a sound played instead.

DCEmu Newbie

I've just tried some 128kbps tracks and still crashed when the mp3 is finished. Could you e-mail me your config files? [email protected]

Cheers

I've just tried some 128kbps tracks and still crashed when the mp3 is finished. Could you e-mail me your config files? [email protected]

Cheers
    I think it may be a bug in the game but I'll send them anyways.

DCEmu Newbie

Ta very much.

DCEmu Newbie

can anyone help me, I put the pak files in id1 folder, what other files do I need??? if I'm missing a lot can someone send them to me? [email protected] ???

So far I am absolutely loving this port, my many thanks to the devs for working hard on this.

SO far there are only a few problems I have encountered:

Like mentioned above, It seems that no matter what bit rate you make MP3 files, it seems to crash the game at the end of the song, This is a pretty big disappointment considering how incredibly awesome such a feature is, but can hopefully be fixed.

I wonder if there was a way to contact the dev about it or if anyone else has tried, I didn't see an e-mail anywhere on the readme. I'd sure like to get this working considering I've been working on a pretty big mod for the game that has some great music.

My other quick thought is if anyone knows what pram to use in order to crank up the sound sample rate to at least 22050khz, considering the default sound rate was always a little low for most people.

Other than that everything is great, I hope to keep updated on this excellent project.

DCEmu Newbie

Pretty good port I'm loving it.

However... isn't there always a however? ... Where has ad-hoc networking gone? It was there in V1.0 and I just found this version as the old version was a bit laggy when picking items up.

This version is much better, nice and smooth, but I can't frag my friends at work without ad-hoc mode

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information