Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP Quake 1 ver. 1.1

Yeh I too have noticed the inevitable crashing, dunno if it's through the first mp3 finishing, though...

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Pretty good port I'm loving it.

However... isn't there always a however? ... Where has ad-hoc networking gone? It was there in V1.0 and I just found this version as the old version was a bit laggy when picking items up.

This version is much better, nice and smooth, but I can't frag my friends at work without ad-hoc mode

This is a modified version of jurajstyk's PSP Quake Version 1 with ad-hoc support added
    It doesn't have the updates from this new version (1.1) but should be fine for what you want. I've never used it personally (only ever used HW_KM from version 1 and 1.1 official).

what about infrastructure mode - how do you use it and do many others use it?

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy House View Post
    what about infrastructure mode - how do you use it and do many others use it?
    You use infrastructure mode by connecting two PSPs (or a PSP and a PC) via a wifi network. You could probably do it at a hotspot like they have at some of the fancy new McDonald's. But you have to have to know the other person you're going to play with, this isn't Halo 3 or Unreal Tournament - there are no master servers or listing services in Quake, so you have to have the IP address of a server running on PC or play directly against a PSP or PC that is inside the wifi Lan (or Wan, same difference)

Ah^ That explains why my single attempt at playing over wifi was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by No_one_in_particular View Post
    Ah^ That explains why my single attempt at playing over wifi was a disaster.
    A server (PC or PSP) can be elsewhere on the internet, because Quake supports that, you just need to have the IP Address.
    You can also play two PSPs over the internet through two different WANs. Other than starting a PSP Quake club with a dedicated server your best bet would be just to use the Ad Hoc version and play against someone else with Quake for PSP.

It's too bad there isn't a good Q2 port. Probably because Q2 was a PS1 game and you could just use the PS1 emulator stuff.

DCEmu Newbie

(Sorry for bumping a 5 month old topic, but I saw no other decent place to ask this)

I installed and ran PSP_Quake1_HW_UM with no problem at all. I played through the entire 1st episode also with no problem. I take my old Quake disc and neatly drag the ID1 folder over. Load up again, and go through to the second episode. The door opens, so I know that it sees I have the full version, but once I walk on the grate thing to teleport, it loads a bit from the MS then freezes. :S

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
    I've got a Slim running 3.90m33-2 and no extra configurations that I know of on the Quake port.

===EDIT===

Got it working... I don't know what I did, but now it works...

Thanks anyways.
    Last edited by sidke; June 11th, 2008 at 15:45.

DCEmu Newbie

The game starts but in the console it says.
    Couln't exec autoexec.exe

What should I do to fix this?

I would think it says couldn't exec autoexec.cfg not .exe.

Does the game continue loading and play?

Did you copy the ID1 directory from a PC quake install to the PSP's PSPQuake folder as the readme tells you to?

If so and its not working, try deleting that autoexec.cfg file from your ID1 directory (if you just copied all the PC data/config files over rather than just the .pak files).
    Last edited by bah; August 10th, 2008 at 05:38.

ok i am not sure what im doing wrong and im hoping someone will tell me im runing m-33 401 2 . mp3 works great ! game friggin rocks ! ive got my old scourge and dissolution disks! but im not reading , or getting the instructions right somehow! i put my hypnotic and rogue folders next to id1 in the quake hw folder. set my config file to " -game HIPNOTIC +map start " and the rogue line also . (not at same time) and it doesnt do anything . im dying to know why? and how it actually is . does the line need to say " -game HIPNOTIC +map start e1m1 " or " -game HIPNOTIC +e1m1 " ? please gimmee some heads up here sum 1 or email me a "RETARD PROOF " copy of the conf. file please? 8) [email protected] (oh! btw what are the odds of making or adding gl to the psp descent version for psp cuz im kinda tired of the pixelly lowrez vers majik made?) just a thought since this port kicks so much ass!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information