Thread: Time for All Homebrew Sites To Support Coders

Blog Entries

Home/News Time for All Homebrew Sites To Support Coders

The Homebrew and Emulation scene is now bigger than it ever was with so many consoles to enjoy using Homebrew games, demos, applications and emulators.

The Homebrew Community plays host to some of the most ardent fans and at times the friendliest community of gamers and gamers who put their consoles on the line in the name of homebrew and hacking.

The Homebrew community is host to some massive communites from sites such as Xbox Scene, Xbox Hacker, Tehsskeen, PSX Scene, Wii Newz, Emuholic, GP32X, PDroms, 1 Emulation, The Emulation64 Network, Max-Console, GBA Temp, DevFr, PLayeradvance, QJ and of course DCEmu and tons of other websites who at this time i may have forgot but i dont mean any discredits by not mentioning you.

I feel as a community of homebrewers and that means every site if the release is posted their ought to support the coders who spend long hours working on toys for us to use.

One such way is donating to them via the likes of Paypal etc but also and a very easy way is to use the social sites such as Digg etc and instead of linking to ones own site use the digg link to link to the coders site. Imagine the exposure our scene will get by joining together and as a scene promoting the coders, in the end all of us sites gain because the whole homebrew community benefits.

It doesnt matter what went on in the past but the future that counts, every release of quality deserves to be main paged on the likes of Digg and the other big sites that usually only cover Commercial gaming.

Can the Community join together to help our coders, lets hope so. From Now on if a Coder has a Digg Link or a donate link (has to be a link VB is funny on that) then we will gladly post it on our pages.

I agree Wragster, You got a good heart for this thing, I don't think many of the big sites would be willing to follow through, being that they have more priority on getting hits to their sites, and money from their advertisers. But I for one could not agree more with you. The big problem seems to be with most places stealing Dark Alex and his teams hard work for the CFW's.. Thats pretty much the most important dev'rs over all scene's right now. And they do a fantastic job as well as release to public for free! As a whole, we honestly couldn't be more thankful for those guys contributions to the scene, and when they speak out and ask people specifically not to host the work they have done, the scene should respect it.

QJ, Max-Console, as much as I love you, I'm looking at you!!! At the very least - I hope those two sites are supporting or donating some money.

Always enjoy the site. Keep up the good work Wraggster.

I agree. People could be much more appreciative and less expectant of new releases (when and if they come, especially with the CFW it seems).

Another great way would be for the #1 homebrew site to not drown their release threads (and the help to others using the app they provide) out with spam threads from RSS bots. *hint hint*
    Last edited by bah; January 16th, 2008 at 16:58.

Thread Information