Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downgrading from 3.80 M33 - how?

Default Downgrading from 3.80 M33 - how?

Seems like nobody can answer that question in the News section, so I'll ask it here.

I've never tried downgrading any firmwares, so bear with me please
    What is the way to downgrade from 3.80 M33 to 3.71 M33? I know there is one, I'm just not sure of how it is exactly done.

The reasons are numerous, it's still a bit too buggy and unsupported, and the only two new features (which are the Radio player and the crappy visualization) get outweighed greatly by all the stuff that plain doesn't work and besides, I use PSPradio for ages now, anyway

Thanks in advance.

Only pandora will work

Oh crap. Do I have to open up my battery and turn it into a Pandora, then back once again, or will only a Pandora stick do?

DCEmu Newbie

no its quite easy just download the 1.50 Kernel addon for 3.80 if you dont already have it download it from
    HERE then backup the contents of your memstick. download memstick format.7z extract it then connect your psp up to your computer via usb. run mspformat.cmd and follow onscreen instructions. download despertar cementerio 3 from HERE unrar it and copy despertar_cementerio to ms0\PSP\GAME380 download the 1.50 eboot from HERE the 3.40 eboot from HERE and the 3.71 eboot from HERE rename the 1.50 eboot 150.pbp the 340 eboot 340.pbp and the 3.71 eboot 371.pbp put these eboots on ms0. now run the app you copied earlier. when thats done execute msinst.cmd from the memstick format.7z folder. now delete the 3.40 and 1.50 eboots from ms0 but dont delete 3.71 eboot.
    download pandora battery from HERE extract it and copy the contents of the battery folder to ms0\PSP\GAME150. run the app you just copied and press triangle. restart your psp and run the app again and press X. Now fully charge your battery and start the psp up without without the ac power cord. Press triangle then wait till its done then press X. It will take your psp back to 3.71 m33-2. now restoring your battery and memstick. first of all back up all the files on your psps memstick then format the memstick. install 1.50 kernel addon for 3.71 wich can be got from HERE . then format again. copy the contents of the battery folder in the pandora directory to ms0\GAME150 again and EEPROM.BIN from the magic mem stick files you backed up after downgrading to ms0. run the battery app press square. restart the app press L and R together an error will come up but your batterys back to normal. to put your memstick back to normal just fomat it.

There's already an update to fix the bugs
    3.80M33-4
    just use the network update, is the $#@! man, updating custom firmware through $ony's own updater :rofl:

and yeah, pandora will be your only choice if you want to downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by alec100 View Post
    no its quite easy just download the 1.50 Kernel addon for 3.80 if you dont already have it download it from
    HERE then backup the contents of your memstick. download memstick format.7z extract it then connect your psp up to your computer via usb. run mspformat.cmd and follow onscreen instructions. download despertar cementerio 3 from HERE unrar it and copy despertar_cementerio to ms0\PSP\GAME380 download the 1.50 eboot from HERE the 3.40 eboot from HERE and the 3.71 eboot from HERE rename the 1.50 eboot 150.pbp the 340 eboot 340.pbp and the 3.71 eboot 371.pbp put these eboots on ms0. now run the app you copied earlier. when thats done execute msinst.cmd from the memstick format.7z folder. now delete the 3.40 and 1.50 eboots from ms0 but dont delete 3.71 eboot.
    download pandora battery from HERE extract it and copy the contents of the battery folder to ms0\PSP\GAME150. run the app you just copied and press triangle. restart your psp and run the app again and press X. Now fully charge your battery and start the psp up without without the ac power cord. Press triangle then wait till its done then press X. It will take your psp back to 3.71 m33-2. now restoring your battery and memstick. first of all back up all the files on your psps memstick then format the memstick. install 1.50 kernel addon for 3.71 wich can be got from HERE . then format again. copy the contents of the battery folder in the pandora directory to ms0\GAME150 again and EEPROM.BIN from the magic mem stick files you backed up after downgrading to ms0. run the battery app press square. restart the app press L and R together an error will come up but your batterys back to normal. to put your memstick back to normal just fomat it.
    Okay, that's basically pandorizing the battery and resets its' ID thingy to all zeros, but there's no way to save it's original ID. Or is there?

And I think that it won't work on the Slim, no 1.5 support whatsoever

DCEmu Newbie

Alc100 Thanks for your great solution!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoDog View Post
    Okay, that's basically pandorizing the battery and resets its' ID thingy to all zeros, but there's no way to save it's original ID. Or is there?

And I think that it won't work on the Slim, no 1.5 support whatsoever
    If you do like he says it'll maintain its original ID, as you will restore the battery to a normal one with the file eeprom.bin.

It does work with slim and 1.5, i just turned a battery into a pandora's one with 1.5 and then turned it back into a normal one with the same ID.

hope i helped.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Will this work with...

I have a battery that doesn't work as a pandora battery if you actually hardset it into a physical pandora's battery. Will it work if i do it ALEC's way even though I don't have that type of battery?

PSP User

even if you dont backk up the battery eeprom, you can use the battery creator to set the serial number to 0x12345678

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information