Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Xbox acolytes,

xbox 360 Attention Xbox acolytes,

During the holiday season most of us experienced Xbox live problems due to increased holiday traffic. To many this was a small issue. But to some, losing hard earned matches and rankings in leader boards due to lag was unacceptable.

MS made an announcement some weeks ago that they would be giving an xbox live arcade game to all gold and silver members as a method of amends to what microsoft called unacceptable performance.

The time has come and Microsoft has made its announcement on what XBLA game we will be getting for free.

Here is the full article followed by the update.

An Open Letter from Marc Whitten about Xbox LIVE this Holiday

Published January 3, 2008

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten
    General Manager, Xbox LIVE
    Gamertag: Notwen

Updated January 18, 2008

We’re pleased to announce that from 2:00 a.m. PST Wednesday, January 23, 2008 through 11:59 p.m. PST, Sunday, January 27, 2008 you can download the full version of the recent Xbox LIVE Arcade game, Undertow free of charge.

undertow.. I've never played it, I know nothing about it. But free cant be a bad deal or can it?.

What are your opinions guys?
    Is undertow worth the nearly full month of lag problems a lot of us experienced?

Lets hear it.

Here is your chance to defend microsoft. Or let them have a swift kick "go department" Undertow. Does it make up for all the problems ?

Most users yada yada...must have something to do with this

Cool Lol

Pay no to the sniper behind the curtain folks,

He is the very model of the modern major ps3 fanboy

It's a lesser known fact that if your 360 breaks, you'll have to access your marketplace games in a round about way. This in a sense, has increased the amount of xbox live accounts and might possibly have helped cause xbox live to have problems.

Of course, Shadowpro doesn't believe his 360 would ever break down so he just ignores facts

The game they're offering is Undertow and it will be available next week to download for free.

Blog Entries

My 360 isn't online!

Undertow is a great game for the free XBL game. If I had to choose, it would easily be Undertow.

I freaking love how MS has humility when it comes to their job. they admit it, they know it was stupid, and they fixed it. Plus = Free XBLA game; and I haven't even SEEN any of these problems

And since these new refurbished 'boxes I don't think I've heard of a 360 breaking down yet. Plus, 3 year warranty guarantees no charge!

It's very easy to find complaints about Microsoft. They seem to make it easy for people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information