Thread: For those with memorick stick probs on 3.80M33 read this

Thumbs up For those with memorick stick probs on 3.80M33 read this

It has come to my understanding that the overclock feature of the m33 firmwares might have become broken so after some searching on google I found a thread which explains how to bypass the lag on games if you are running CFW 3.80M33-4:

1st - Go into recovery and set the cpu clock for UMD/ISO to default
    2nd - Install CW Cheat
    3rd - Go into recovery and activate cw cheat for iso and pops
    4th - Boot any game you want to play, and then press SELECT for the CW Cheat menu to appear and then set the clock to 333 and 166 respectively

Nice playing... This has been tested and confirmed by myself to work... It is not a fix as you will have to constantly change the clocks everytime you want to play... Other than that just wait for DAX to release update 5

And again this is not my idea... So I don't take any credit for it, just passing on the word

DCEmu Old Pro

And... How does it help with memory stick problems?

Cloudy

basically because lagging dissapears completely... it did for me...

DCEmu Old Pro

This is only useful with ISO's - general file transfers still take time.

Cloudy

well PSN games are also affected... it doesn't matter which memory stick you have... XMB lag has always existed on M33 firmwares, and file transfers really differ from stick to stick... I have I real and two fakes and the real gives better speeds because it has magic gate support... The real issue with this new firmware is a broken Overclock option... I just posted this so that people playing backups had a way out... As for transfer speeds we'll just have to wait for Sony to fix their own driver (if it is at fault)

MagicGate is a DRM feature, support for it doesn't increase read/write speeds. Fake cards are slower for other reasons.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    XMB lag has always existed on M33 firmwares, and file transfers really differ from stick to stick... I have I real and two fakes and the real gives better speeds because it has magic gate support... The real issue with this new firmware is a broken Overclock option...As for transfer speeds we'll just have to wait for Sony to fix their own driver (if it is at fault)
    Never had XMB lag, and I've used every single M33/OE/SE firmware to date.

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    I just posted this so that people playing backups had a way out...
    Well, maybe you should read the rules. Backup talk is strictly not permitted.

Cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    Well, maybe you should read the rules. Backup talk is strictly not permitted.

Cloudy
    Seriously? How do the emulator sections fit into that rule? Just curious.

Well, I installed CW Cheat before I read this thread and I noticed a very significant boost in the performance of some of my homebrew apps. Like Emulators for example. But the thing was I didn't even have to change the cpu clock and when I changed it to (-1, or variable chock changing) it got even better. It just seemed to override all the negative effects the firmware may or may not have been causing. Btw, CW Cheat does save its information and settings, at least for homebrew apps, so I would assume so for anything else run on the memory stick. Thanks for the tip, I didn't think to look into other changes CW Cheat might have made.

Thread Information