Thread: psp help/ catch up....

Default psp help/ catch up....

ok just decided to start playing my psp again after long months of enjoying my 360 and DS, and i have the latest version of 3.71 M33, no i am not updating to 3.8 M33 yet. and i would like to know exactly how i would manually flash new themes like icons, backgrounds, waves etc on 3.71..... i ask this b/c the last time i tried this i semi bricked and had to use Pandora. anybody want to help me? oh and if u have premade themes like a Halo, assassins creed, and mass effect (yes i know all 360 games lol) it would be nice.

PS: this also includes flashing gameboot.pmf files

yeah, I bricked mine too trying to do that

the official themes aren't so bad once you get used to, and there are very good ones here http://www.psp-themes.net/ (there is one from gears of war)

for flashing, I recomend you to use a plugin called CXMB http://dl.qj.net/CXMB-v2.4-PSP-Homeb...4539/catid/151, this plugin, uses files stored on your MS instead of the ones on flash0 (they go on ms0:/cxmb/)
    so far, the only thing I've been able to change succesfully are the gameboot.pmf files, but is ok.
    if you change anything else it locks and you have to disable the plugin removing the MS

oh wow, well thnx for the icon sets, but as for flashing everything else i guess im out of luck, b/c i have 2 lexar MS's and plugins do not work on them for some strange reason

customs themes are easy to flash
    just use recovery to goto flash0 and put the rco in the vsh/resource or vsh/module folder for whatever file it is.

Just make sure its the correct version of rco or prx for that firmware or you'll end up with a brick

A word to the wise

COPY FLASH0 and put it somewhere on ur computer just incase you mess up (or make a pandoras battery)

djbrotherson
    Have you ever flashed files on your 3.80M33-5?
    I had a problem on 3.71 because the files on flash0 show as hidden and read only, I had a backup of my entire flash, but everytime you overwrite a file to flash0 on 3.71 or above, the file gets corrupted, giving you a brick (I replaced my entire flash0, so i got a full brick last time)

I think there is a way if you remove the hidden and read only status, leaving them as modified files, but I don't want to mess up with my flash0 again

You can flash files in 3.80m33-5 cos i have and before you start you must set pc to show hidden files and also set it to show protected operating system files, cos if you dont some of the files in modules and resources dont show up causing the brick when you flash.

And make a copy of flash0, all mine have flashed back ok without causing a brick.

protected operating system files, I didn't tried that one
    I found out more, with this
    http://dl.qj.net/Quick-Flasher-Theme...5740/catid/151

In the readme of the flasher, it says that the files show as hidden only if you installed custom firmware from the sony updater

If you installed 3.71M33 or 3.80M33 through despertar v3 or v4, the files don't show as hidden

I'll check, because I just installed 3.71M33 through pandora

edit: LOL, they do, now cxmb might work properly, hahaha custom themes here I come
    Last edited by mike_jmg; January 25th, 2008 at 18:17.

I don't get why people need custom gameboots / themes. You only look at the theme once, I admit i have a nice Leopard theme but its using official software.

You guys should be using that now, instead of messing with your flash and risking your PSP.

Wally

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    I don't get why people need custom gameboots / themes. You only look at the theme once, I admit i have a nice Leopard theme but its using official software.

You guys should be using that now, instead of messing with your flash and risking your PSP.

Wally
    I see your point, however the official themes are only icons, you cant change battery icon or volume icon etc people are flashing these cos they want them, I have custom battery and volume icons and gameboot, they are just so much nicer to look at cos its what you want not what sony say you can have, and as for only looking once I see mine everytime i go to my xmb so it needs to pleasing on the eye.

Thread Information