Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SnesPSP TYL v0.1 Released

Er I think everything I tried did!?!?? Wierd. I'll recheck and post later if I can pull myself away from Zelda.

I can say 100% for sure Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures wasn't full screen but maybe the early games I tried didn't have that problem because I noticed it first on MK and it seemed to be there on everything I tried after so I thought it was everything.

It isn't that big of a deal though since it's so damn fast. Hope it's fixed next release though.

can't wait to try this..... i have sick NES and Genesis emulators, but SNES is really the gem i've been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by parabolee
    Er I think everything I tried did!?!?? Wierd. I'll recheck and post later if I can pull myself away from Zelda.

I can say 100% for sure Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures wasn't full screen but maybe the early games I tried didn't have that problem because I noticed it first on MK and it seemed to be there on everything I tried after so I thought it was everything.

It isn't that big of a deal though since it's so damn fast. Hope it's fixed next release though.
    I found another one with the gap...Super Metroid.

I find it odd that MK3 doesnt have it, but Umk3 does...theyre basically the same game...

hmm on Mario Kart... I put both at a Frame Skip of 0 and then 3, they were both playable at 3 but a 0 of course no lol. But it did seem quicker under this one.

LOL damit I can't tell on that one

Ok Starfox with the Full ScreenBL and 44k FS w/ Auto on 3 was a 7FPS on y31
    On this new EMU it is at with the settings of 44k, Accurate Mix, FS 3 with limiter and FPS on it was reading 24 but DEF slower... I am guessing FPS can not be used to compair but the game was so slow it froze in the beginning.

Both were at 333mhz. Next I am trying Mega Man X3, lets see what happens with C4 Emulation.

With Mirrored settings in Mega Man X3 it was MUCH FASTER (This new EMU)

Hmm so it seems that only a few games show problems but that this def out shines y31 in the speed areas of some games. Def a nice increase for MMX3. I am going to check Mario RPG one more time but I think that may be like Star Fox... just one that it needs a few small corrections to take care of what ever problem it is.

But I do like the menu and options a lot more. I did notice the loss of the graphics and sound increase but I had not played with those for some time in Y's. Hey anyone far enough in Final Fantasy 3, Wasn't it after Fargo that Y's had problems awhile ago. Maybe that is one that should be tried?

Ok on Mario RPG.. I did not notice a difference, they seemed equal I think the New one's graphics were nicer but battles all felt the same. I did Koopa's castle from the beginning just a few battles and they felt the same.

On Final Fantasy from start to the first battle (again settings above mirrored) it seemed the same again. Almost slower and I did Y's first this time. I noticed the same drop in sound speed when characters moved to perform attacks and when they were done it spead up again just like Y's. So again it seems a draw here...

I still maintain with the updates I think this may be the best EMU yet lol, just needs a few corrections.

I have not noticed the gap yet, lol I wasn't looking for it.

Yeah my bad it's just a few games that have the screen gap at the bottom! Thats even better! I just hope they fix that next version.

PSP Coder

I love the screen at the beginning. It was something discussed amongst the programmers (and myself, when I was contacting yoyo during the NeoCD updates). This was honestly the best method agreed upon.
    Yeah the scrolling thing could get a little annoying to some, but you really need to realize that this site and other respected ones who have been doing homebrew news for years now and therefore have a relationship with programmers are not the reason in any way for the splash.

Yoyo and his team (the trio responsible for the OS9X ports) are respected individuals known throughout an established community.
    While I may be considered the most "vocal" (aka - asshole) of the PSP devs out there, this is yet another reminder that there are many many many homebrew devs who are PREMIUM pissed off about what is going on regarding who is getting the "attention" (and $$$) for the work being put out there.

PSPUpdates encourages you now to donate some money to yoyo, because he mentioned it... Yoyo has had the PAYPAL link on his site since the beginning... if they had actually reported that to their users, instead of simply linking the file and not referring you to view his page (common theme... send a user to an author's page godforbid they get information direct from the author), people could have donated way back when to him.
    Premium my ass.

This emulator is premium though, although there are freeze issues I've spotted and all. Haven't played around too much (Japan time, got it this morning then head to work), so I don't know about the screensize issue.

I do know they probably will not be releasing an update for a month, from latest reports.

Whet the whistle, enjoy!
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T : the proper places and people deserve it

Anyone else getting Echoes?

I'm playing secret of mana and what ever sound other then the music echoes like the swing of the sword and gauge finnished charging...

Or any way to fix this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smiths
    I love the screen at the beginning. It was something discussed amongst the programmers (and myself, when I was contacting yoyo during the NeoCD updates). This was honestly the best method agreed upon.
    Yeah the scrolling thing could get a little annoying to some, but you really need to realize that this site and other respected ones who have been doing homebrew news for years now and therefore have a relationship with programmers are not the reason in any way for the splash.

Yoyo and his team (the trio responsible for the OS9X ports) are respected individuals known throughout an established community.
    While I may be considered the most "vocal" (aka - asshole) of the PSP devs out there, this is yet another reminder that there are many many many homebrew devs who are PREMIUM pissed off about what is going on regarding who is getting the "attention" (and $$$) for the work being put out there.

PSPUpdates encourages you now to donate some money to yoyo, because he mentioned it... Yoyo has had the PAYPAL link on his site since the beginning... if they had actually reported that to their users, instead of simply linking the file and not referring you to view his page (common theme... send a user to an author's page godforbid they get information direct from the author), people could have donated way back when to him.
    Premium my ass.

This emulator is premium though, although there are freeze issues I've spotted and all. Haven't played around too much (Japan time, got it this morning then head to work), so I don't know about the screensize issue.

I do know they probably will not be releasing an update for a month, from latest reports.

Whet the whistle, enjoy!

just when u think you know more then u think, u see more then u knew.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Smiths

Premium my ass.

Whet the whistle, enjoy!
    So you're bitching because a link to donate to yoyo wasn't posted a long time ago for no real reason? Forget the fact that the site's owner is a bit of a douche for a second.

I'm collecting donations to build the world's first pair of super pants. You have absolutely no guarentee that I will ever finish, or even work on super pants. Other people have no reason to have people donate to my super pants project, simply because there are people who actually have proof they need the money and what it will go to. All I have is a promise, over the internet mind you, that I will create super pants.

So, I create super pants, and suddenly people who appreciate super pants (however they change the tags of my super pants and that annoys me so I imbed the information in the pants itself) ask to donate to me, and that would piss you off?

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Daeger
    So you're bitching because a link to donate to yoyo wasn't posted a long time ago for no real reason? Forget the fact that the site's owner is a bit of a douche for a second.
    What?

You really lost me there. They never encouraged anyone to donate anything to devs and yoyo did the NeoCD emulator... the first release of which was posted 1 month ago (so there's been time for a "go to his page and donate" thing). You knew he was a talented dev, judging from his history.

But now that the author publically states "you can donate to me", that $#@!ty site thinks it's "do the right thing time" and show support by saying "hey, go to his page!"

Again, you really lost me in any meaning you attempted to show.
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T : the proper places and people deserve it

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information