Thread: My mem stick is broken!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default My mem stick is broken!!

Can somebody tell me how to fix my memory stick. One day I inserted my memory stick wich is a 232 mb memory stick and My psp couldnt read it It said there is no memory stick inserted So I tried to reformat it but it says there is no memory stick inserted to format can somebody help me fix it because I dont have warrenty on it and I bought it along time ago, and I realy need to play my roms again. And there is more stuff that I'd rather buy with 55 bucks so someone please help.

DCEmu Rookie

Try connecting it to your computer in usb mode and formating it using windows to a fat or fat32(better) filesystem.

DCEmu Newbie

how do i do that

make sure u arent exploring the memory stick, just in my computer, right click then press format, select fat or fat32(fat 32 runs a bit faster) and press format and it might fix it.
    WARNING: this will delete all data on the memory stick and it cannot be recovered after you do this(tho im not sure its recoverable before either, tho i have heard of a corrupt mem stick recovery program, not quite sure tho)

DCEmu Newbie

i go to my computer then right click drive E (psp) and then format? I didnt see anything about fat32 so i dont think i did it right but i did do it the way I explained and it didnt work.

Thread Information