Thread: PSP Slim GPS

Default PSP Slim GPS

When i used mapthis on the old psp, i need to get fixed by the sats before getting on the move if not i won't get any sats.

Now with psp slim, i tried using the gps on the move and it managed to track 7 sats and i got fixed in less than a minute.

:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

The signals vary everyday. For my phat psp, sometimes it takes half a minute to fix sat, sometimes 8 minutes, and I found cloudy days make the fix easier - strange. You can't make the conclusion by trying just once. If you get less time of fixing for 5~6 times in a row, we probably can say slim ones are better than phats. I've got my slim too, but I need to order a new car mount to try my gps out. One other thing I am curious about is: how long it would take to fix sats in Japan when using the official gps software with psp290. I know some of the games can utilize gps for them. When people play those games, they have to go outside to get sat fixed? I can't image how weild it would be. Can folks from Japan share your experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by daivd View Post
    The signals vary everyday. For my phat psp, sometimes it takes half a minute to fix sat, sometimes 8 minutes, and I found cloudy days make the fix easier - strange. You can't make the conclusion by trying just once. If you get less time of fixing for 5~6 times in a row, we probably can say slim ones are better than phats. I've got my slim too, but I need to order a new car mount to try my gps out. One other thing I am curious about is: how long it would take to fix sats in Japan when using the official gps software with psp290. I know some of the games can utilize gps for them. When people play those games, they have to go outside to get sat fixed? I can't image how weild it would be. Can folks from Japan share your experiences?
    I tried a few times and i get fixed in less then a minute. As for in Japan, Tokyo, i got fixed in less then 2 minutes with MapThis.

:thumbup:

Thread Information