Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.6

Just amazing. great work.

Great!!! So when is the Full-speed, sound enabled, 100% accurate Xbox 360 emu coming out? The NDS is PLENTY powerfull enough :-D

Have fun over there and thanks for more fun stuff to do on the DS

DCEmu Newbie

I noticed something really interesting. Contra Hard Corps actually looks better than it does on the original Genesis! On the first stage, during the fight with the giant Godzilla-sized robot, the animation is much smoother. I remember on the original game that the robot sprites would look a little chunky as they tilted back and forth, but on the emulator they bend and twist smoothly, with no chunkiness, like a really good mode-7 effect. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Anyway, this emulator is amazing. Awesome work! Thank you!

Wow great work. The sound is perfect, this is much better than picodrive. Well done!

DCEmu Coder

Nice optimization you have made to jenesis, Lordus
    I will finally get my first DS linker tonight and I can't wait to test which seems to be the best genesis emulator available on this platform !

I'm also curious, how hard is it to code on DS and what are the most significant HW restriction regarding a genesis emulator ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    Files are shown in the chronological order they were moved to the SD card (within this order they are sorted alphabetically though). This is just the order they are read from the card, jEnesisDS doesn't sort or remember them. The .sav file doesn't store any information.
    So if you wanted the files to be shown alphabetically sorted, when adding new ones, you'd have to delete the ones already there, and move them all together (including the new files) onto your card again.

I know this is not really convenient and will see if i can do something about it.
    Viele danke.

And again congratulation!

Dcemu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by eke-eke View Post
    Nice optimization you have made to jenesis, Lordus
    I will finally get my first DS linker tonight and I can't wait to test which seems to be the best genesis emulator available on this platform !

I'm also curious, how hard is it to code on DS and what are the most significant HW restriction regarding a genesis emulator ?

Thanks. It's not harder than to code for anything else Of course to get anywhere with the speed, a lot of parts were written in ARM assembler and heavily customized and optimized.
    You'd have to make a lot of compromises and not have compatibility and accuracy as your main goal, except you want a slide show.

For a HW renderer one main problem is, that the DS doesn't have per tile priority. You can make up for that with its 4 layers, but then you loose the ability to scale in hardware (just 2 layers can). Another thing is, that the maximum layer dimensions are 64x64, so you get into trouble if a game uses 128 cell backgrounds.
    The maybe biggest problem is, that the DS can "only" address 1024 tiles per layer, so you have to find a way to deal with that. You could use 2 layers to display the tiles with higher indices, but you already need them for the priorities..

Of course there are solutions to most problems, but sometimes they are not really obvious.
    If you decide to work on the DS and have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Great work, thank you a lot!

DCEmu Newbie

Download file is corrupted.

Dcemu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Stash23 View Post
    Download file is corrupted.
    Did you try downloading again? The problem seems to be there just for you. I just downloaded it successfully myself.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information