Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.6

Dcemu Coder

Default jEnesisDS 0.6

Here is a new release of jEnesisDS. I am not absolutely satisfied with the state, but i think it's usable already.

Major changes in the new version:

- Custom Z80 ASM core implemented.
    - Custom YM2612 and PSG emulation, running on the ARM7. So there is sound now
    - Many parts rewritten. Speed without Z80 core should be quite a bit faster for most games.
    - Idle-loop detection completely rewritten. Shouldn't break any games anymore. Therefore the option to disable it was taken out.
    - Some changes to the HW renderer. Some glitches should be gone, others were probably introduced. Will be rewritten for the next version.
    - Tweaked H-Int auto detection, so less games should need the "ON" option to boot now.
    - Mode-Button added (L+R+Start)
    - Skipped option screen at startup, so you get directly into the game selection.

There is still a lot to do and i hope you wont have to wait as long for the coming version.
    I know very well, that the sound is not perfect, but it's the best i could do in the time working on it, so please don't complain..
    I am sure that i can improve it and i am positive that all games will run at full speed with sound one day.

If a game runs too slow, disable the Z80 by turning "Fake Z80" on - of course that will most likely turn off the sound as well (Except for games that have their sound driver on the main CPU, like Sonic, Gunstar Heroes and others).

Any feedback is welcome of course (except bad one ;P)

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

Lordus, you are AMAZING!

Thank you so so so much, it made what seem like an impossibility...possible!

I just can't say it enough, thank you, thank you! I appreciate all your hard work!

Simply amazing. Good sound in all the games I've tried so far:thumbup:. Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

fantastic. keep up the good work.

DCEmu Newbie

Great work, the sound works perfectly for all the games I've tried.

Only problem is when running games in EUR mode the sound is faster than it's supposed to be, but USA and JAP mode are fine.

Let me just use my first post here to say awesome work and thanks.

Goddamnit do I wish I wasn't missing my MicroSD adapter because this look great.

dood, you worked pretty damn hard on this thing. You have my respect, and my thanks for doing something most coders wouldn't, or just plain couldn't!

DCEmu Newbie

My first post.

Thanks a lot Lordus, You've made the best genesis emulator on DS and now with sound!!! I waited it so much so thanks thanks ^^.

Best DS Homebrew ever!

Patience yields rewards. This is true especially here. This is much more advanced than the sound-enabled beta, and I'm going to have fun playing around with it.

Great work as always Lordus.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information