Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pandora-Proof Motherboard?

Default New Pandora-Proof Motherboard?

Source: PSP-Ita

This site is reporting a supposed new motherboard that will be integrated in the new PSPs. And it will prevent the creation of Pandora Batteries.

New alarming news arrives from Dark_Alex. It seems in fact that or in circulation a new model of PSP SLIM & ARGUMENT with firmware 3,73 of factory and a new one mobo, called TA-085 v2.
    This type of card mother would prevent in fact the creation of pandorizzate batteries, inhibiting therefore the access to the writing of the eeprom of the battery.
    This new way will not prevent I use but it of batteries already pandorizzate, and therefore it will not prevent the possibility to install a Custom Firmware.

Al moment does not exist methods in order to go around such new system, does not remain to us that to attend ulterior developments.

True or Fake? I doubt this because I haven't heard about Dark_Alex saying this anywhere else.

Discuss Via Comments
    Last edited by DarthPaul; January 30th, 2008 at 01:29.

Yeah, I'm sure Sony could do that, but it's really not much of a big deal if we can't make "Pandora-ized" batteries on these new mobos. Anyone can still easily make or buy a hardware modded battery instead, although it is less convenient. I would like to make one of those pandora batteries with a switch that lets you go between regular and pandora mode easily, without the software, just in case I get bricked with no other chance at recovery.

Blog Entries

There will be ways around it, there always is when Sony block things.

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    There will be ways around it, there always is when Sony block things.
    Not true, look at the PS3.

DCEmu Rookie

This is probably fake, but inconsequential. SONY would already know that simply preventing future PSPs from creating Pandora batteries is about as effective as a fart in a wind storm since there are many PSPs that are capable of creating one already and several businesses selling the batteries.

If news was leaked about a PSP model that does not work with the battery or a firmware version that disables use of the battery then I would feel cause for concern...at least for a few weeks, after which there will be a way to get around it.

Does it really matter whether its true or fake. Even if you can't make a pandora battery it still says you can use one.
    So whats the problem?

Pandora proof mobo would be a worry.

DCEmu Newbie

2 things I thought when I looked at that pic of the board. It looks too cheap (even for Sony), and where the hell do the UMD's go??! It doesn't worry me, because even if they did come up with a non-pandora creating PSP, some of us still have battery changers, and if they made the PSP pandora proof, they'd need another way to put the PSP into service mode, and a team of hackers would eventually come to the rescue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaos View Post
    Not true, look at the PS3.
    The PS3 will be unlocked to all possibilities soon, just like every build of the PSP gets unlocked sooner or later.

DCEmu Pro

i'd have to say fake.

the mb# would be TA-087. i believe the 086 already existed for some time now, so if this is true then why would the # go down a version with a slapped on "v2"? sounds fanboy/newsposter-ish. whoever the original source is, is most likely making this up.

dark alex is somewhat fluent in english, he would never use the word pandorizzate.

Its FAKE end of story!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information