Thread: PSP Tips

Default PSP Tips

I made this thread so PSP owners could share any "not obivous" tips with each other. Here are some of mine:

Use E-messenger.com to IM with your friends on AIM, YIM, or MSN Messenger through your PSP.

Play multiplayer games with a friend with one UMD by removing the UMD after the level is loaded one the first PSP and placing it into the other player's PSP to load. When you remove the UMD, you will receive a message asking is you want to quit the game. Choose No.

Use HDX Movie Creator to convert and load movies onto your PSP. Encoding is fast, has very high quality, and takes up little space. There is even a PSP Setting. You will need to rename the file to M4V0000x, with the X being replaced with the video's number in the playlist.

Try to prevent downloading UMDs to your Memory Stick. Downloading UMDs encourages Sony to continue increasing security on the PSP system.

Feel free to submit any tips you have.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Rookie

TIP1
    Format your memory stick to a FAT32 file system.For example you can take the large amount of game genie codes I posted a while ago and put it on your memory stick.With a FAT16 file system (standard format) it takes up about 140MBs. With a FAT32 file system it is only a little more than 20MBs.
    All you have to do is plug your psp to the computer and back up all your psp files. Right click on the drive it shows up as click format go to file system and select FAT32.Then copy your files back.This file system load faster and small files take up less space (in as simple terms as I could put it).

TIP2
    Sandisk memory sticks cost less,and load faster than sony memory sticks.
    Plus they come with a 5 year warranty.

TIP3 Incase you don't know you can change your psp's background with pspersonalize or wabs skin changer.
    Pspersonalize

Wabs Skin Changer
    For pspersonalize you have to put the picture on the root directory of the memory stick.There should be 12 bitmaps(.BMPS).the resolution of the images should be 300x170. It should be no larger than 150KBs. Also the images should in 24bit format only.You have to rename each picture to a number that corresponds to each month.The pictures shouldbe renamed as follows.
    FILENAME -Corresponding Month
    01.BMP - January
    02.BMP - February
    03.BMP - March
    04.BMP - April
    05.BMP - May
    06.BMP - June
    07.BMP - July
    08.BMP - August
    09.BMP - September
    10.BMP - October
    11.BMP - November
    12.BMP – December

I can't explain exactly how to use wabs skin changer since I haven't used it myself but I read that it is better than Pspersonalize

DCEmu Newbie

is E-messenger easier to use than say webaim.net when it comes to the IMing. Im asking b/c at the moment i cant get it to load properly.

SaRlA

DCEmu Regular

only buy high quality accessories!

use a screen potector

put it in a cas when not in use

Quote Originally Posted by sarla1596
    is E-messenger easier to use than say webaim.net when it comes to the IMing. Im asking b/c at the moment i cant get it to load properly.

SaRlA
    Well, WebAIM is always full, so unless you have a premium account with them, use E-messenger.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Thread Information