Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROuter

Default ROuter

well i know what i need to play online but could some one give me a pic of what the router is

this is what a wireless router looks like http://files.quadrantcommunications....01200x1100.jpg

Dose it matter what kind i get?

well, kinda, most routers will work, but first of all u must get one with wireless capabilities, for security(recommended as an unsecured network can easily be exploited) get one that can do WEP encryption if u have a 1.5 psp, or if u already upgraded to 2.0, i would recommend one that can do WPA-PSK encryption, as it is much harder to break then WEP, however, it is all optional to get connected. I cant confirm this, but i read somewhere that the psp only supports a 802.11b connection, and doesnt work with a 802.11g connection. again, this isnt a problem in most cases, as the average router will broadcast both g and b
    anyways, this wont usually be problem as the average wireless router will work
    i think thats it, dont think i missed anything...anyone?

oh, and i would recommend a Linksys or a D-link, or maybe a Netgear, im pretty sure those would work pretty well....

how much do they cost? like in canada

PSP is B standard and will not work at the speeds of G standard, however, G is backward compatible, so if you have a G router it will work with a B card and PSP except it will not be the same speed (B 11mps, G 54mps). I would reccommend getting a G router/WiFi card as it is much faster and you will be able to use you PSP with it too.

I have a follow up question. I dont have broadband, why, I dont know, but anyway I was trying setup my wifi router. Me a my brother were trying to use ics with dial up but I still cant get it to work. I can scan with the psp and find the router, but when i try and connect it gets an error message. I prolly need to give more info, uh, but my networking knowledge is negligible at nest. err best.

DCEmu Newbie

It only supports B band, go for a linksys WRT54G or WRT54GS, i cant do mixed band mode, have 2 antennas, great range, all types of encryption. The HyperWRT firmware upens up 13 channels and adjustable antenna power ect.

K so what dose these things cost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information