Thread: Nintendo teases PAL regions with Brawl release date

Blog Entries

Rev Nintendo teases PAL regions with Brawl release date

While Wii owners in Japan are feverishly playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and everyone in the States is biting their fingernails in anticipation of the March release, we forget our friends in the PAL region, who thus far haven't even been given a firm release date for Nintendo's franchise fighter. Wii Fanboy helps us catch up with all the drama.

A few days ago, Nintendo updated the Brawl page of their UK site, posting a release date of June 1st for the game. Once word had gotten out of the posted date, Nintendo quietly removed it, replacing it with the super-helpful time frame of "2008."

What's even weirder is Nintendo's denial of the slipped release, claiming the update is likely a mistake as June 1st is a Sunday. Keep in mind that the official Brawl release date in the US is March 9th: a Sunday. So either it's a flimsy excuse for an unannounced release date, or the date really doesn't mean anything. Either way, we'll keep you updated on whether Nintendo ever decides to "set a date" with our PAL pals.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/01/ni...-release-date/

if i had a wii i'd be so ****ed off now

but i don't have a wii, so i've got nothing to worry about (yet)

We always have the worst release dates

DCEmu Newbie

Angry Grr

EU and AU Regions get ripped off on releases.

They've got another month to sort out the US version, so how about using that extra time to get the other translation teams (Italian, German, French, etc) working on the game text at the same time. I presume the finishing touches of the next month'll prolly be the text anyway.

I wish they'd just add the UK (Who are generally English speaking) to the NTSC region or something.

The wait is freaking killing me now that I've found out my favourite character will be in it...

DCEmu Rookie

with this there isnt alot of text or sound to translate the reason japan and the usa releases are so close together its because they both use ntsc tv's that have a lower rez than the european pal tv's this problem will be there till every1 changes to high def as it is universal.

but the tv differance is part of the reason usa imports in the uk have to be played through a scart lead as it can ajust the rez to make i work if you play it through any other connection its black and white and flickers.

Well, I'm glad that I live in the US where I can (hopefully) find a Wii and Brawl in about a month or so.

But for the PAL/SECAM territories, doesnt it make you want to PIRATE the Japanese version?

DCEmu Rookie

makes me wish i had my wii chipped to play imports then i would just get the american one when it came out but the chips are ment to be verry limited when it comes to pal/ntsc on the wrong console type. whats more anoying i have my wii conected to my hd tv with the composit lead to get the 480i so the conversion would make no differance to me as 480i is the same in every country.

Thread Information