Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Hardware Cleaning Guide

Blog Entries

Default PSP Hardware Cleaning Guide

Marcus Dion has released a great Cleaning guide in .PDF format for you to browse and goes into great detail about dos and donts when cleaning your PSP.

This is a recommended read for every PSP owner.

Thanks to Marcus Dion for a great guide

(download below/via the comments)

holy crap! i take pretty good care of my little friend and i paid like 650 or something from jp... but yowzers. that was insanity...

DCEmu Regular

if anyone cares that much....GET A LIFE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSP freak
    Keep the PSP in a well-ventilated, preferably air conditioned environment
    poor psp might get hot

DCEmu Regular

thats so sad...

hahahaha the whole thing is sort of sad. but some points stick out more than others

DCEmu Regular

lol if you go to that extreme dont even play it!

Its been my experience that batteries should be "Cycled" (run dead before recharging). Repeated charging of a battery when its not low on charge is not a good thing in my book. I have no idea how it affects the PSP but it will kill your battery faster (cause it to last for less time until eventually it doesnt hold a charge at all). Does the author have any research to back up their battery reccommendations? I bought a second battery 2 months ago just so I could run one dry and still have a second ready to go so I wouldnt have to wait for a charge cycle to play again. I've been running the battery dry before charging it since I bought the unit the day it came out in the US and I have not noticed any drop in battery life or PSP performance.

So clean and so fresh.... MUG ME I have A SHINY PSP... wow why did they make it a glassy plastic

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford_Ball
    Its been my experience that batteries should be "Cycled" (run dead before recharging). Repeated charging of a battery when its not low on charge is not a good thing in my book. I have no idea how it affects the PSP but it will kill your battery faster (cause it to last for less time until eventually it doesnt hold a charge at all). Does the author have any research to back up their battery reccommendations? I bought a second battery 2 months ago just so I could run one dry and still have a second ready to go so I wouldnt have to wait for a charge cycle to play again. I've been running the battery dry before charging it since I bought the unit the day it came out in the US and I have not noticed any drop in battery life or PSP performance.
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to PSP batteries. You're thinking of the old "memory effect" on rechargable NiCad, where they'd charge less if you didn't fully discharge them. PSP's batteries are Li-Ion, which are completely unaffected. In fact, I think they may actually benefit from being kept full.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information