Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DCEmu Asks - Xbox a History & Whats the greatest Xbox Game Ever ?

You can make a great console FPS (like black), but without a mouse, keyboard and a standard seating arrangement to make using them comfortable then the PC will continue to be the real home of the genre.

Anything else is just unnecessary simplifying/partial automation of aiming to compensate for the lack of true control. Even a light gun (wii remote) cant compare when you want to move the POV along with the crosshair.
    The only thing I can think of that may top it would be hand tracking (wii-mote style) plus head tracking (for POV) and some great video-glasses that fill your full range of view and don't give you a headache to make it all work.

Mouse controls work great and exist in current mainstream tech now (and have for some time), so to me console FPSs are pointless.
    I will never understand why halo was so popular. I mean goldeneye rocked when it came out and you couldn't have a LAN to play quake etc, and was fun singleplayer (where aiming assistance crap doesn't really bother anyone if its fun), but it was never a first choice.

A couple people I know got so much entertainment out of playing 2600 games/Little Nemo: The Dream Master on my Xbox through the use of Emulators.
    Not only can the Xbox appeal to gamers with all of its shooters, but also to people who played games in the 70s/80s/90s as kids.

DCEmu Rookie

at the time halo was the most fun i had on xbox,there's not much that could match the multiplayer experience of it, the sequel was better but was just more of the same and could'nt match the feeling of first playing the original

DCEmu Newbie

Although it isn't exclusively on Xbox, I think I enjoyed The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind more than any other. What a large expanse to search. So many quests/items. The combat seemed a bit wonky, but it was fun nonetheless. :thumbup:That's my pick.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information