Thread: Running Skype on a Phat PSP

DCEmu Newbie

Default Running Skype on a Phat PSP

Running Skype on a Phat PSP

Ok to start off it has not been done.

But I have some thoughts.
    Here is something I posted on the Qj Forums:

"Didn't Sony tell us that running Homebrew is bad and will make your PSP not function anymore.
    Didn't Sony tell us a lot of ham that we proved wrong?

I think Sony just doesn't want people to have Skype on a Phat PSP.
    We ran Windows 95 and 98 on a PSP, why not Skype?

@FreePlay, would it be possible to make a plugin for the Slim, that monitored how much RAM is being used at a certain moment? For instance run Skype with the plugin and monitor how much ram is used and for how long. And then document the stats in a file on the memory card?"

Well I got a reply from a very smart member, heres what FreePlay said:

"So...

Interestingly enough, it looks like Sony intentionally loads the Skype stuff into the last 32MB of RAM, which only the Slim has.

And there's some weird debug info left in there... such as "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" xD"

I am some other members are having thoughts that Skype will be able to run on the Phat PSP's sometime soon. Just remember that I said... soon.

What are your guy's thoughts on this discovery?

That's pretty cool, I'd totally get it myself. Sony is such a bitch when it comes to their game wares these days. I remember a time when it was easy to code for their system and investing time in playing their system only led to more and more sony fans.

Now.....they let it got to their head and are $#@!ting themselves thinking that those same fans are actually trying to still enjoy their old systems for free, systems that they in fact own and have games for.

Though this ramble may not be entirely connected to this Skype issue, I am not the least bit surprised they pulled this kind of crap.

So I no longer invest my time in Sony unless there are devoted homebrew coders willing to do something about Sony's shortcomings, like Skype. I expect to see success.

DCEmu Newbie

And Dark_Alex has ran Skype on a Phat PSP.
    Said so on his blog on his website.
    http://alek.dark-alex.org/?catid=2&blogid=1

Thread Information