Thread: Hi all What file formats are suported by Revolution R4 Cards

Default Hi all What file formats are suported by Revolution R4 Cards

Hi First time here so bee gental

Right then i got my son a Ds Lite for christmass and saw an artical on R4 cards so i got one ..now i am hooked on messing about with it :lol: ..now some one gave me some "files" on a DVD the other day and i can get the ones working that end in .NDS put some have outher endings .GBA ?? .NFO and some others that i calnt remember ...am i right in thinking that only .NDS files will play on a DS or am i doing somthing wrong

Thanks in advance

Dbum
    Last edited by DRUNKENBUM; February 6th, 2008 at 15:53.

*.nds files are the only files your R4 can natively launch, as those are DS binaries. However, the *.nds files can access other files on your system. For instance, you can launch Moonshell.nds which can access the *.mp3 and *.jpg and *.txt files on your card (and other file formats as well).

*.gba files are made for the GBA, and they won't run on any slot-1 device like an R4 without a slot-2 device of some sort.

*.nfo files are just information files. Open them with Notepad to see what they say.

I also have an R4 and am somewhat of a newbie to all this. I'm actually looking for something to put all my old gameboy advance games on, so I can take them with me like I do my DS games on the R4. Which is the best thing to use for GBA games, considering I have the R4, and will the GBA roms play exactly like the real games, as the R4 does with DS games? Thanks so much.

Look into the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack.

Thread Information