Thread: PSP Bruce Lee

Blog Entries

Default PSP Bruce Lee

Jim Bagely has ported over his Bruce Lee game to the PSP, download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspbrucelee.shtml

DCEmu Regular

Thumbs up

Been trying like crazy to find where I can post an updated .zip file with Firmware 1.5PBP's included. Hope this works

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/att...ntid=892&stc=1

Anyway, The only version I've ever played (besides a clone someone made for the PC) was on the Commodore 64.
    This version has different sound and the entire gameplay is way different! Not really bad, but much harder! It's really cool that this guy made this from scratch

DCEmu Regular

damn... looks like there aren't any fans of this game around anymore. I'll make farther comments though.

It's hard. Too damn hard, in fact.

(now keep in mind that the C64 version is the only one I've played)

Most noteably, the fact that you can't move "down" while you're on a climbing surface messes me up. You should always be able to climb down unless you go all the way up to the top (like standing on the ground/platform/whatever you couldn't begin to climb down)

Second... You should be able to jump onto a climbing surface (except for regular looking ladders) and grab it mid jump and start climbing.

This affects the 5th screen greatly!!! (when you go 1 screen down then left at the bottom, that's the 5th screen , right?) 2 or 3 times now I've lost more than a couple of lives there because the damn surface was in its "downward" mode and stayed that way for a long time. The spikes in that room are level with the floor (on the C64 version I think they were at least slightly lower than the floor) so it's impossible to go anywhere during that time because you're not able to jump onto the moving surface, giving you time to start climbing up before the natural movement has time to drag you into the spikes.

know what I mean? You gotta stand in just the right place to catch the baddies just as they fall down while you're waiting for the damn thing to start moving UP. They are so aggresive that you just get your but kicked while waiting.

DCEmu Newbie

I love this game ...... played the C64 version ! will check it tonight

THX for ur work

DCEmu Regular

more on the gameplay... I was only half right with my comments above. It seems that if you're running through a climbing surface you must press up first to change your sprite into the "climbing mode". Then you can climb up or down.

On the moving surfaces, it seems in this version you can jump on them, but you don't automatically "grab" them (ending up in the climbing mode so that you can immediately climb up or down). Rather, you land on it as if it were a walking surface and If you want to immediately start climbing down, then forget it. You'll just duck unless you press UP first to get into the climbing mode.

The baddies are far more quick and far more aggresive. they also regenerate faster. Case in point... if any fans manage to get to the room with the extra life, don't forget that you can go back into the room several times before it runs out. Just try and see how many -extra- lives you actually make it out of that screen with!!! even if you kill both baddies close to the flame thingy, by the time you're on the other side the f***er with the wooden sword appears and knocks you back into the flame!

Oh... and in what I call the "LASER" room... One of my most feared rooms from the C64. I do beleive that the speed of the laser things compaired with the speed of your jumps is way off. How can you possibly make it through that room?

Oh, and the 6th room... Tough luck if you die at the bottom! You know.. when you go to the seventh room first so you can get into the bottom of room 6 and it has one of the moving laser things.. Well, if you get hit by the laser after grabbing the lantern (reversing the direction of the laser), your game is over because the damn thing starts you where you're partially stuck and it's also right where the laser thing starts! There is not even a second of invinsibility so even if you have 3 or 4 lives left, they're all gone. The place it starts you off at needs to be adjusted in many, many, rooms actually. After you grab that lantern you start below where that latern was if you die. That way you don't get out of the screen without sucsessfuly jumping across the laser thing. When you make it through, you should now be on the bottom of screen 7, having to climb the moving surface up.... but this game already starts you off at the top!

I'm gonna have to find the version this author used to play so I can verify this stuff...

Thread Information