Thread: Pocket Physics v0.4

Blog Entries

NDS Pocket Physics v0.4

Oxtob has updated his application for the Nintendo DS:

I really like the idea of the popular minigame Crayon Physics: You draw an object on the screen and it instantly becomes physical and interacts with other objects. The first thing that sprung to my mind when seeing it was "This would be awesome on the DS!" And Pocket Physics is what I came up with after two weeks. It isn't really a game, but more of a physical construction kit for your pocket. You can design scenes freely by drawing things with the stylus. Things can be solid, like ramps and floors, or dynamic, like balls or boxes. Like in The Incredible Machine, you can reset the scene, change it, and start the simulation again. It's even more fun if you have a DS Motion, which can be used to control gravity!

v0.4 (2008-02-08)
    Saving and loading! (introducing the XML-based .pp file format)
    Smart pin placement: While the pen is on the screen, you can move the pin around. It's position is fixed when you lift the pin. While you drag the pin around, the objects that are about to be pined are highlighted.
    Smart deleting: Deleting also works just smart pin placement. Also, pins can now be deleted.
    Toggle viewing window visibility with select.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Great update, keep up the good work. One of my favorite DS homebrews.

My only problem, I dunno if this is common for everyone else, is the freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil-Itachi View Post
    Great update, keep up the good work. One of my favorite DS homebrews.

My only problem, I dunno if this is common for everyone else, is the freezing.
    hehehe, well it's pretty common. it freezes after screwing around to much. but it's a great homebrew! please make more updates! THANKS!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

I think it's the best homebrew after DSO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan-H View Post
    I think it's the best homebrew after DSO.
    ds organize? i love that app as well and feel about the same when comparing it to this one.

DCEmu Newbie

i love this Does having this save feature mean that we can share different builds and stuff now?

also, would it be possible to add other elements? like, a spring? or moving floor/conveyor belt?

Keep up the amazing work

DCEmu Newbie

Hey great work ! I love this app, I'm actually envious since I wanted to make a bridge builder like game, but never seemed to get the physics right.

Just 2 small bugs I've found (ez flash V 1.63 kernel), the sound keeps playing even if you're not drawing anymore. And it seems to hang sometimes.

And it would be nice to be able to rotate things in drawing mode.

I'm very curious how this program will evolve further !

Thread Information