Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 11 - Whats the Greatest Platform Game Released ?

DCEmu Newbie

Sonic the hedgehog 2

DCEmu Newbie

Nes

I'd say the Mega Man series is my favorite. It isn't as smooth as Mario Bros. 3 but once your skills in maneuvering mega man increase the game is a blast.

DCEmu Newbie

So many to choose from... the Mario series, Wario Land series, the Kirby series, Donkey Kong Country series and 64, Banjo and Kazooie series, all the 2D Sonic games and a few of the 3D ones, the original Spyro trilogy for Ps1, the Megaman series, Castlevania...

I just can't single out one series, let alone one game! They all hold special places in my heart.

I'd probably say Wild 9 on PSX. Everything about it was awesome!

legend of dragoon for PSX. Ive been hooked ever since

Well i have played alot of great platform games over the years. If you can also include 3D in platform well i got one personal fav for that aswell. I started playing games since the Nintendo Entertainment System era. I really enjoyed the games on there but it wasnt until the SNES when i really started to enjoy the platform games it had to offer.

Of course i bought this system when Super Mario Allstars came with the system. I was so happy i went from playing all my favourite Super Mario games in 8bit to playing all my Super Mario games on one cartridge and in 16bit.

Whats better then that well i gotta say nothing and why cause it was a great transformation these games looked and felt like they were never released until the Super Nintendo and i know they werent but they should have been.

Then of course the next game i was 12 years old i think and its still hard today to believe it was that long ago cause im 25 years old now. But i when Donkey Kong Country was released i had to get that game. So me and my mother went out to Zellers and picked that game up. Was i happy hell yes cause you couldnt even get my off the system when that was released.

Next is now the 3D platform game Rayman 2 The Great Escape for the Dreamcast. Now i hadn't played this game more then the last 2 games for the SNES but when i did i couldnt believe my eyes. This game was so beautiful even on a system that didnt get a big break. Of course you gotta thank Ubisoft for that cause there graphical art design is just fantastic. Of course only thing missing from this game until it was ported over to the PS2 or remade was the voices. Though i dont really care about that to much.

Anyways those were my personal fav platformer games and if dont trust me then try it yourself and you can thank me later lol.

DCEmu Newbie

Super Mario Bros 3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information