Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: QUAKE2DS prerelease 1

DCEmu Newbie

Is it possible to make it faster than 'just plain slow'?

for quake 1 & 2

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jhhoward View Post
    Didn't work for me. Using Supercard lite with commercial quake2 .pak files and supplied .cfg file

Output:
    Init ARM7...done
    ARM7 is initialised
    vram initialised
    texture system initialised
    profiling has been enabled
    Added packfile //baseq2/pak0.pak
    (3307 files)
    Added packfile //baseq2/pak1.pak
    (279 files)
    Added packfile //baseq2/pak2.pak
    (2 files)
    execing default.cfg
    execing config.cfg
    basedir is write protected
    Console initialized
    Changing console font
    about to die:
    Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx
    DS video shutting down
    ...done
    Sys_Error:Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx
    link register is 0202a398

On 'slowest' memory setting. I tried running the memtestARM and no problems with RAM extension.
    I get the exact same error message when trying to run it. I have EZFlash V Plus slot 1 card and the EZ 3 in 1 expansion pack. Has anyone overcome this problem and if so what was the solution?

Also a question regarding memtestARM. I downloaded it and extracted the contents. Do i only copy the nds file to my mem card and run it or do i have to do anything with the other files in the archive?

Thanks in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dayun View Post
    I get the exact same error message when trying to run it. I have EZFlash V Plus slot 1 card and the EZ 3 in 1 expansion pack. Has anyone overcome this problem and if so what was the solution?

Also a question regarding memtestARM. I downloaded it and extracted the contents. Do i only copy the nds file to my mem card and run it or do i have to do anything with the other files in the archive?

Thanks in advance.
    Extract the pak files (and delete them afterwards), that fixed the problem for me. However saving/loading doesn't work for me. I hope this will ge fixed sometime, the speed was quite playable.

about to die:
    Map has too many planes, 14594
    ERROR: Map has too many planes, 14594
    ==== ShutdownGame ====
    I am getting the EXACT same error that Necrotek is getting when switching from Launch Command to the next zone, with the exact same number of planes reported. Trying to load any other savegame afterwards from the black screen results in a Z_Malloc error and a permacrash. A workaround I am imagining possible, can you just remove that limit check command so that it loads the map anyway? It's pretty useless since Q2DS isn't designed to work with anything other than the original PAK files, and those are all the same worldwide, no need for map size checks.

I am SURE that it's NOT my savegame. Because I loaded the game WITHOUT demos(to prevent memory hogging) and once at the main screen I typed "map strike" so it would load directly to the level without loading anything else beforehand and it still produced the exact same error. I then tried loading all the subsequent levels with the "map" command and they all worked. I can say for certain that every single level in the game loads except for that one and given the fact that I cannot even boot this level clean I seriously ask if this level has ever worked for anybody.

PS: Yes I am the one who recently sent you the three emails. I finally found the proper thread for this project. :P

Has anyone actually made it past Launch Command?
    Last edited by Searinox; November 3rd, 2008 at 16:45.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sepro View Post
    Extract the pak files (and delete them afterwards), that fixed the problem for me. However saving/loading doesn't work for me. I hope this will ge fixed sometime, the speed was quite playable.
    If Quake2DS runs fine (M3DS Real + GBA RAM pack), is there a chance of performance "boost" by unzipping the paks ? Loading times maybe ?
    Last edited by MrSkiz; November 3rd, 2008 at 13:46.

Before releasing the game, I ensured that every single level could be loaded cold. Do you know the name of the actual map? If so, try starting the game directly at that level rather than loading it from a save.

Quote Originally Posted by simonjhall View Post
    Before releasing the game, I ensured that every single level could be loaded cold. Do you know the name of the actual map? If so, try starting the game directly at that level rather than loading it from a save.
    I stated everything you're asking about in the above post. I HAD tried to start the level directly. I loaded the game without even letting demos load and used the MAP command to start the level directly. The map is "strike.bsp".

In short, all I really have to do is launch the game, press A to bring up the OSK and type "map strike", hit enter and it gives me that one same error, it's that easy to cause it. I did hash checks on the PAK files(with the two demos unremoved) and compared to others', they seem to be identical to the ones in the original full version. Furthermore, I am using YOUR config file, so there isn't much room for variables. Does it not do it to you too?
    Last edited by Searinox; November 4th, 2008 at 09:43.

Yeah the map command was what I was getting at, cool
    It's bizarre then that it doesn't work. I'll have to check again from my end then that the level loads. But as I said before, I can't give an update without invalidating all your save files so you're just gonna have to skip that level, I'm afraid.

Please do try it. If not I can zip and send you my entire setup PAKs included so you can check if there's anything wrong. I'm okay with the incompatible savegames issue as long as I can PLAY the level. XD

Update: Z_MAlloc errors on level transitions on Launch Command and Pumping Station. They can be overcome if booting the game without demos and then loading directly at the transition points without shooting or bringing up the menu -- is Q2DS not freeing up RAM well enough when unloading levels?
    Last edited by Searinox; November 8th, 2008 at 06:33.

DCEmu Newbie

I got a DSi XL and Supercard DSTWO. I can't run a Quake II. Can someone help me? Any links to step-by-step tutorials?
    Thanks in advance!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information