Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: QUAKE2DS prerelease 1

DCEmu Newbie

you have to buy extra ram...? rofl i never knew you could do that for ds. how much is it for this slot 2 ram? and what would be the best brand? (so you can overclock it?) this looks really awesome, and i wanna c if it worth the money for the ram. btw, does this ram help out for other games as well? make em run slightly faster, or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo1 View Post
    You mention overclocking the expansion memory. I have the 3in1, can it be done safely on that cart? And what settings? I got the tool that you suggested.
    You should be able to use the fastest setting. When the game starts up choose the third speed option, 'Slow'. Enjoy the better load times and frame rates!

DCEmu Newbie

Awesome! This is excellent work Simon. Thank you!

jhhoward, I have a Supercard Lite and have this problem with about 50% of the homebrew I play that requires a DLDI patch. My solution in these cases is simply not to apply the DLDI patch. Everything usually works fine, and this was no exception.

Great work Simon. It's amazing how you've managed to get it running at all on the lil'DS.

You mention overclocking the expansion memory. I have the 3in1, can it be done safely on that cart? And what settings? I got the tool that you suggested.
    I have the 3in1 and I can run Quake2DS on all three speeds (slow, slower, and slowest) without overclocking.

Sweeeeeet man, really good job!
    Respect!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by pcwzrd13 View Post
    I have the 3in1 and I can run Quake2DS on all three speeds (slow, slower, and slowest) without overclocking.
    But does that tool (memtestARM) work okay? Could I safely use it?

Quote Originally Posted by da_head View Post
    you have to buy extra ram...? rofl i never knew you could do that for ds. how much is it for this slot 2 ram? and what would be the best brand? (so you can overclock it?) this looks really awesome, and i wanna c if it worth the money for the ram. btw, does this ram help out for other games as well? make em run slightly faster, or no?
    I use the EZFlash 3in1. You can get it here for $19.04 with free shipping:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1894

It also has Rumble and the ability to store a GBA game. It comes from China so it'll take a couple weeks to come unless you pay extra for shipping. They also sell a black one if you have a black DS. Some other homebrew apps and games use it but it depends on if the programmer added support for it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pcwzrd13 View Post
    I use the EZFlash 3in1. You can get it here for $19.04 with free shipping:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1894

It also has Rumble and the ability to store a GBA game. It comes from China so it'll take a couple weeks to come unless you pay extra for shipping. They also sell a black one if you have a black DS. Some other homebrew apps and games use it but it depends on if the programmer added support for it.
    hmm i c..so after u put it in, do u have to configure anything? or does the quake pick it up itself?

Quote Originally Posted by da_head View Post
    hmm i c..so after u put it in, do u have to configure anything? or does the quake pick it up itself?
    You don't need to configure anything. It works automatically. I do recommend downloading this utility to put on your flash card:
    http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudol.../3in1_ExpPack/

It allows you to put GBA games on the 3in1, change the rumble level, and turn the RAM on and off.

But does that tool (memtestARM) work okay? Could I safely use it?
    I don't know. I've never overclocked it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information