Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP sat nav UMD Go!Explore leaked

Default PSP sat nav UMD Go!Explore leaked

The Sony PSP's Go!Explore software has been leaked to the public already.*

The full UMD (UK edition) isn't supposed to be out to purchase till Spring 2008 but people have got hold of an early version of the UMD (possibly a pre-release press version).

According to various unscrupulous websites it's not a demo but the complete UMD inculding full maps for UK and Ireland. This UMD is confirmed working in the UK with the Sony PSP290 hardware (which has already been released in Japan).

Here's the official information from Sony for the new up and coming software/hardware:

-----------------------
    Turn your PSP into a personal GPS Navigation System with Go!Explore.

As of early Spring 2008, PSP owners need never get lost again – thanks to a new addition to the Go! range called Go!Explore which puts 3D city mapping in users’ hands by turning PSP into a state-of-the-art personal GPS Navigation System. Just enter your destination and Go! Explore will do the rest for you.

Go!Explore consists of an attachable GPS (Global Positioning System) receiver and a UMD disc of the user’s chosen maps. At the touch of a button, users will be able to find their position on a map and work out the direction they need to take. Go!Explore works both on foot and in the car, offering a top-notch personal GPS Navigation System at a fraction of the cost of other systems on the market.

On foot, you’ll be able to plot your way through cities in 3D thanks to the fully modelled city maps contained on the UMD discs. Simply load the UDM disc, select your destination, and watch as the city’s landmarks and points of interest appear on-screen in 3D. You can download new maps and upgrades from PLAYSTATION Store (PC) – a resource that guarantees you’ll find those special locations wherever you’re travelling.

When you’re in the car, you’ll benefit from different display modes for day and night, meaning that you’ll always get the clearest view of where you’re going. And you won't need to worry about your battery life or where to put your PSP while driving thanks to the Car Adaptor and Car Mount accessories which will be bundled together in one package.

As well as the awesome power of PSP, Go!Explore uses the technology of two other market leaders: map data industry leader TeleAtlas and navigation software legends NavNGo.

“Go! Explore is a stunning addition to the Go! range,” said Stephane Hareau, PSP Senior Brand Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “Who would have previously thought that PSP owners would be able to use PSP to navigate their way around an unfamiliar city? It’s an awesome product and another testament to the unrivalled potential of PSP.”

There will be three ways to buy Go!Explore for PSP:

GPS receiver and UMD disc (including maps of the relevant country)
    GPS receiver, UMD disc (including maps), Car Adaptor and Car Mount
    PSP, GPS receiver, UMD disc (including maps), Car Adaptor and Car Mount
    Packs mapping the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg will initially be available, and Go!Explore will support 11 unique audio languages on every geographic version. Updates will be available from PLAYSTATION Store (PC) at store.playstation.com.

Go!Explore launches in Spring 2008
    -----------------------

Source: The internet.

* Obviously dcemu does not condone the use of pirated material in any shape or form!

Remember kids - Piracy is bad. Mmmkay?
    Last edited by Baboon; February 11th, 2008 at 21:45.

You maybe shouldnt post this sort of info.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    You maybe shouldnt post this sort of info.
    What that someone has got hold of a leaked version of the gps UMD?

I don't see why not? I'm not posting any illegal links to any of the software or anything... just stating that the UMD has been leaked to the public already?

I guess its similar to how the banned PSP game 'Manhunt2' posts appeared on here... and then the information for the 'Manhunt2 - unlock the censored information' was posted (only that was regarding iso's) etc?

Mods please correct me if I'm wrong though??
    Last edited by Baboon; February 11th, 2008 at 11:44.

Hm... this is so wrong..

Great news for me

haha

thanks for the news Baboon

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    What that someone has got hold of a leaked version of the gps UMD?

I don't see why not? I'm not posting any illegal links to any of the software or anything... just stating that the UMD has been leaked to the public already?

I guess its similar to how the banned PSP game 'Manhunt2' posts appeared on here... and then the information for the 'Manhunt2 - unlock the censored information' was posted (only that was regarding iso's) etc?

Mods please correct me if I'm wrong though??
    Different.. The manhunt patch was sort of a Add-on to a already released game.

This is practicly advertising a Leak and then saying its wrong at the bottom.

This will get deleted because they will NOT want this on the front page. Its not what DCEmu is about.
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    Different.. The manhunt patch was sort of a Add-on to a already released game.

This is practicly advertising a Leak and then saying its wrong at the bottom.

This will get deleted because they will NOT want this on the front page. Its not what DCEmu is about.

Well when a mod (are there any left on this site now? lol) comments and clarifies the situation then that’s cool... bus as it is I do feel that this is genuine news.

My lame comparison to Manhunt was that the game was banned. The patch to play the uncensored version required you modding the ISO of the game and not the UMD. ...My post here only states that the UMD has been leaked outside of Sony - nothing else??

...what about when Konami and their 'demo' of Silent Hill Origins was leaked online and the news was posted? ...or the information posted previously here about the PSP UMD tools leaked from Sony? ... Official PSP SDK Libraries Leaked?? etc

Don't believe me? ...Here are direct links to some front page news articles from this site (similar subjects?):
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30167
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71801
    http://pc-gaming.dcemu.co.uk/vista-s...ent-89956.html

- dya you get my point?
    Last edited by Baboon; February 11th, 2008 at 14:53.

I agree with you in that one, Baboon.

But a Demo is something meant to be free, not this. But still, you didn't post any link or mentioned any way to get this. So it's cool as far as I know.

Anyways, I hope a USA version comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    Well when a mod (are there any left on this site now? lol) comments and clarifies the situation then that’s cool... bus as it is I do feel that this is genuine news.

My lame comparison to Manhunt was that the game was banned. The patch to play the uncensored version required you modding the ISO of the game and not the UMD. ...My post here only states that the UMD has been leaked outside of Sony - nothing else??

...what about when Konami and their 'demo' of Silent Hill Origins was leaked online and the news was posted? ...or the information posted previously here about the PSP UMD tools leaked from Sony? ... Official PSP SDK Libraries Leaked?? etc

Don't believe me? ...Here are direct links to some front page news articles from this site (similar subjects?):
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30167
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71801
    http://pc-gaming.dcemu.co.uk/vista-s...ent-89956.html

- dya you get my point?
    Ok ok ok, I know when I have been told.
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Well its been moved so I guess every is ok.

Sorry if I went on a bit there Triv1um... I thought it was a justified post(although I do understand what you are saying).

Back on topic - Once this is released I wonder how this will compare to Deniska's homebrew psp gps app?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information