Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You think the scene is slow huh ?

Exclamation You think the scene is slow huh ?

Big hairy deal.

I dont know why people just cant be happy with all the things we already have to do. I mean its just a slow period people get over it. Do people even try there homebrew anymore?
    Theres so much to do on the psp right now,its just hard to hear people with there negitivity about how the scene has slown down,
    Look theres so much to do on the psp homebrew scene right now,
    If somone where to play through it all till its completed, They wouldnt even have time to bitch about it in these here forums.

Just on my psp alone, ive got so much stuff on it to finish everything would take a lifetime, Roms and emus. programs and apps. Music and movies.
    Not to mention Homebrew is completely free. So to hear somone whine about how theres not any more of it then there is right now, Well it just makes me want to throw there spioled asses down a flight of stairs, seriously all you people bitching at the scene. Dont turn your back to me near a flight of stairs . The scene may be slow,But its also very hot right now, Sony is at it's breaking point and wont stop till they have done everything in there power. Which seems very infinitely vast,To kill the scene. But they cant
    Nobody can ever kill what homebrew has become. It will just always be.
    And know that the psp for its lack of quality design, Still does some great things, And the hombrew scene will remember the psp long after sony has given up on it, to sell us there next overpriced peice of junk,

In conclusion To the noobs, Stop your damn bitching.

To everyone else , Long live homebrew
    Im out peace

I just think people have gotten used to daily emulator updates and new stuff every hour... It had to tail off at some point, and face it - as more and more PSPs have firmware higher than 1.5, then less people will make use of it all, so less developers will bother.

It's a sad fact, IMO. As long as someone brings out a Speccy emulator, it's all good.

i think that the emulators still need to be 100%, just like the pc vesions...
    and i think that all homebrew projects should be finished, i hate unfinished things >

what PSP most needs:
    PSX emulator
    N64 emulator
    GBA emulator that works
    ports of some good games
    a MMF PSP version ^^

Dream Coder

nobody saw this coming [/sarcasm]

i, personally, am MORE than satisfied with the scene. everyone must remember that system emulation on the psp came at a record pace! and if u look at all the downloads and apps we have, its ridiculous!!!! i was tired of chips and mods and opening my system. when i saw the power of the psp, and the fact that it has a usb port, i knew all my prayers was answered. its made it possible to get everything u need without ordering chips and soldering wires. some guys just dont realize and appreciate things. neo geo games were $200 a piece at one point. and now i can have them all on one little card? thats crazy!!! i guess its bcuz alot of guys never seen the progression of video games, from 1pixel sprites to 100 million polygonal characters. thats really whats goin on. i thank everyone for the emus and apps i use, and the ones that i dont, but gives us an option. they do this, and still have to go to work and feed their families. HATS OFF!!!

da relic

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shiaoran
    i think that the emulators still need to be 100%, just like the pc vesions...
    and i think that all homebrew projects should be finished, i hate unfinished things >

what PSP most needs:
    PSX emulator
    N64 emulator
    GBA emulator that works
    ports of some good games
    a MMF PSP version ^^
    So, are you planning on developing these yourself or are you going to wait for someone else to do it? I'm sure if you pay someone to make an emulator for you, they'd do a good job if you paid well.

It's a shame that the latest flood of home appz has slowed down a bit.
    I figure most homebrew authors are just like you and I. Lazy.

Most ideas have been used already so that doesn't leave many projects to start.
    IE: Why start a snes, nes, txt reader if we already have 4-5?

That's one reason I'd think we haven't seen anything new recently.

Oh yeah I think if we got off our lazy arses and learned how to code we might have some new stuff.

Oh and if you do decide to do so remember, PROGRESS REPORTS!!

That's all I really wish more authors would do.
    I figure we don't see so many cuz there is no progress at all.
    Buddy probobly just got stuck and lazy and left the project alone to pursue a life of their own. It's a hobby not their job.

However, getting a whole whackload of ppl psyched up to recieve empty promises of ANY KIND is a cruel thing to do if you ask me. So plz if you are an author at least give some kind of weekly journal of your progress. (LIKE EVEN IF YOU HAD NONE JUST TELL US THAT MUCH) It's a lot nicer than wasting ppl's time and hopes!

And that's kinda what your doing when you stop a WIP. Yeah it's understandable but it's still cruel.

Default lol you would totaly be one of the people going down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by rock_light
    It's a shame that the latest flood of home appz has slowed down a bit.
    I figure most homebrew authors are just like you and I. Lazy.

Most ideas have been used already so that doesn't leave many projects to start.
    IE: Why start a snes, nes, txt reader if we already have 4-5?

That's one reason I'd think we haven't seen anything new recently.

Oh yeah I think if we got off our lazy arses and learned how to code we might have some new stuff.

Oh and if you do decide to do so remember, PROGRESS REPORTS!!

That's all I really wish more authors would do.
    I figure we don't see so many cuz there is no progress at all.
    Buddy probobly just got stuck and lazy and left the project alone to pursue a life of their own. It's a hobby not their job.

However, getting a whole whackload of ppl psyched up to recieve empty promises of ANY KIND is a cruel thing to do if you ask me. So plz if you are an author at least give some kind of weekly journal of your progress. (LIKE EVEN IF YOU HAD NONE JUST TELL US THAT MUCH) It's a lot nicer than wasting ppl's time and hopes!

And that's kinda what your doing when you stop a WIP. Yeah it's understandable but it's still cruel.
    Lazy. these people arnt lazy. Do you know how hard it is to code?
    Do you know how much harder it is to code somthing good?
    Anyway have you seen the top of the empire state buliding lately? Well come on i'll show you, lets take the stairs

DCEmu Regular

This always happens. When a scene starts up it goes like crazy. After a while it starts to fade out. $**t happens! Look at the how the PC emulation scene was when it first stated taking off in 96-97. Then a couple months later neo geo, then it stopped being updated, then cps2 in mame and other emulators. Now that's done. Now the pc emulation scene has been very very quiet. You can find some things now and then if you know what sites to look at. MAME is periodically updated but that's about it. It happens people. I'd rather not hear a damn thing for a month and then have something great to look forward to then an assload of small updates every damn day. I miss the old days of emulation.

I didn't buy my PSP for homebrew. Anything that comes out of developers is bonus. Great job to anyone coding/suporting. I never expected to play mario on a sony product. Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information