Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you been Scammed By Free PSP/Ipod/Xbox360 etc Sites

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    He made a massive mistake by selling the PSPHacker domain
    I don't think they did, www.psphacker.com still brings you to pspupdates.

It's not a scam!!

Please, tell me how this is a scam, you sign up and get a PSP, no scam there. Just read the rants on the PSPU forum, there are many, they all have been answered by knowledgable peeps.

so how many psps u got with this?

DCEmu Newbie

They told you they make -500 US$ per day???
    Crap!

Most traffic they have is the file archive... they had 4503 GB (4,5 TB) downloads since they opened it (that was on 18/05/05).
    That's under 1 TB a month, and I pay for my dedicated server (on which I run my file archive sites) 100 US$ A MONTH, and that includes 5TB traffic...

What crappy liars! (Well, I stated this a few weeks before, but my posts were deleted).

And FrozenIpaq: It is scam.
    Only the first few get the stuff, to tell everybody it works (like you), and the rest will never even get one.
    It's not the first time this happens and for sure not one of the glorious heroic ideas PSPUpdates had (a lot of guys made a fortune with schemes like that before).

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq
    It's not a scam!!

Please, tell me how this is a scam, you sign up and get a PSP, no scam there. Just read the rants on the PSPU forum, there are many, they all have been answered by knowledgable peeps.
    My rants haven't been knowledgeably answered.

Yes, I am 0x3070337570346, which is p4ch3c0 backwards, encoded using ROT13, and in hexadecimal (using their ASCII values).

Exactly not only do they get money for the offers you complete from the advertisers but they also sell your personal information to 3rd party companies for more money. It's all about the cash money and not about breaking even to pay for server bills. This site (DCEmu.co.uk) as well as all the other networked sites on Martin's multiple servers is mostly paid for with simple google ads. No popups, and no need for schemes like this. You know they are making a boat loads of money. :P

Quote Originally Posted by p4ch3c0
    My rants haven't been knowledgeably answered.

Yes, I am 0x3070337570346, which is p4ch3c0 backwards, encoded using ROT13, and in hexadecimal (using their ASCII values).
    man.. im sure everyone would have guessed that

DCEmu Newbie

Heh, I got banned again. ipconfig /renew

Quote Originally Posted by p4ch3c0
    Heh, I got banned again. ipconfig /renew
    For obvious reasons, and if we see you again, we will ban you again. Having multiple accounts is against the forum policy over at PSPU. ipconfig /renew does not work if you have a static IP (me). I would suggest not going to PSPU if you don't like it, just go to other sites, but none offer the kind of service (24/7 news and almost 24/7 forum moderation).

PSP Coder

As much as I hate to say it, these sitse aren't as bad as pyramid schemes...you don't pay and then wait for 50 people to sign up and pay to get yours, just do an offer, find 5 people to sign up and do an offer, and you're done. It's harder than it sounds, but I've gotten a free 20GB iPod, 30GB iPod Photo (which I traded for a sealed PSP, 3 sealed games, a 256MB ms, and a pelican screen protector ), a slimline PS2, a 1GB iPod Shuffle, and an iSkin eVo 2 for my iPod, which is the biggest ****ing dust magnet I've seen in my life, so I stopped using it and traded with my 30GB iPod for the PSP package.

Try to stick to more well-known sites run by multi-million dollar companies, like gratisnetwork.com, and you're good to go. Sites run by indie owners most of the time flop, or the owner takes off with all the money from the ad publishing companies and leaves the users behind.

The only reason PSPmoneyleechingwhores is running sites like these are for more cash, which they can't get enough of, $#@!s. I don't mind the forums, but the main site, the idea of premium members, and the owner(s?) of it make me sick.

Oh, and owners of PSPupdates, here's what I have to say to you:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information