Thread: Tetris - Native Wii Homebrew Released

Rev Tetris - Native Wii Homebrew Released

via Auby.no

DesktopMan has released a port of Tetris for the Nintendo Wii! You can run it with the newly released Twilight Hack 0.1 Alpha 2 on a Gamecube SD card adapter such as the SD Gecko. You can also watch a video of it here.

DIGG THIS NEWS

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    Last edited by BlueCrab; March 14th, 2008 at 16:01. Reason: Cleaning up the sticky space...

Blog Entries

simply awesome for the Wii Scene

This is simply amazing. I can't wait to try this and all other Wiibrew. What would make the Wii truly exciting is if someone was to right an OS or a custom firmware that could be internally flashed to the memory over or on top of the original. It would be cool because then there could be support added to plug in a USB HDD and just run the homebrew (As well as media files in a XBMC clone) all off of there without having to fool around with multiple SD Cards.

Good job DesktopMan! Keep up the good work and the Wii-Scene will be greater for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shango46 View Post
    This is simply amazing. I can't wait to try this and all other Wiibrew. What would make the Wii truly exciting is if someone was to right an OS or a custom firmware that could be internally flashed to the memory over or on top of the original. It would be cool because then there could be support added to plug in a USB HDD and just run the homebrew (As well as media files in a XBMC clone) all off of there without having to fool around with multiple SD Cards.

Good job DesktopMan! Keep up the good work and the Wii-Scene will be greater for it.
    Sounds to me like you just want to run pirated software without a mod chip, not very scene like of you now is it?

Kudos to the Team behind this, I am looking forward to some actual games made for the Wii by the many great homebrew dev's, the potential to have truely amazing and original homebrew is what we want, not just a console that plays copies, thats lame.

Mike..

DCEmu Rookie

Great news! Sadly I dont have a Gecko adapter, but it will hopfully be compatable with the Wii SD slot soon. I dont think custom firmware should be made for the Wii, it will just lead to mass piracy. We should just use this for homebrew software. (and maybe a DVD player )

Quote Originally Posted by Graxer0419 View Post
    Great news! Sadly I dont have a Gecko adapter, but it will hopfully be compatable with the Wii SD slot soon.
    I know, I don't have one either, and I don't really want to buy one just yet. So I'm hoping they find out how to utilize the built-in slot pretty soon.

DCEmu Newbie

this is great. I can't wait for some unique homebrew. And also how would you go about making the actual programs thta will run on the wii

Quote Originally Posted by mikebeaver View Post
    Sounds to me like you just want to run pirated software without a mod chip, not very scene like of you now is it?
    Now I don't recall ever saying that or making any claim I want to run .iso's. What I suggested was a media player for the Wii much like XBMC. I have a large DVD Library which I have converted to .avi Xvid files as well as all of my CD's that I ripped to .wav files that I would like to be able to play using my Wii. And as far as a custom firmware goes, the reason I suggested this is so one does not need to run the exploit every time you want to run homebrew. As well this may lead to customization possibilities like the PSP (like topmenu_plugin.rco, etc..) as well as maybe decrypting the channel blades so we could use homebrew through there.

And as far as piracy goes, there is always going to be that group of people who want to try and ruin it for the homebrew scene, that is why there are these protections put in place that people have to work hard at just so we can get "Hello World!". Now I have been in the scene for a very long time.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=shango...ient=firefox-a

As you can see, the closest to piracy that I have gotten is releasing stuff for the xbox in the ways of a gameshark and some skins for mXm. Does it make me a pirate to enjoy homebrew so much I have given back to the scene? In fact, if you look near the bottom of the first page you will see I have even joined a petition to stop piracy. I have been fooling around with homebrew since I had my Saturn.

May I ask if you have ever contributed to the homebrew scene? Any releases of apps or games or anything along those lines? I don't see anything except you having 507 more posts than me and you have been on here only a month longer than me. If all you can contribute is crude accusations, please cease and desist. I am sorry if anyone feels I am being harsh or if I crossed any rules, but I do not tolerate rude comments against my name that are completely backwards from the truth, especially coming from someone who is a pirate who is very easily exposed as one by a simple google search. Downloading psx rips is still piracy, is it not?
    Last edited by shango46; February 20th, 2008 at 10:16.

Thread Information